Blue Jays claim Brad Mills off waivers

Mills. - Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

Ken Rosenthal tells us:

I'd guess it is to fill out the Bisons' starting rotation. I think the Blue Jays have a full 40-man roster so someone will have to be DFAed. Any bets?

Since the A's picked up Mills for $1.00, they make a $19,999 profit on Mills. They will be able to refill the pop machine in the clubhouse.

Brad made 3 starts for the A's, going 1-1 with a 4.41 ERA. In 16 innings he's allowed 19 hits, 2 home runs, 7 walks with 14 strikeouts. Before that he pitched for Nashville in the PCL, the Brewers Triple-A team. There he was 4-2 with a 1.56 ERA in 14 games, 12 starts. In 75 innings he allowed 51 hits, 5 home runs, 18 walks and struck out 77.

I'm sure you know, but Mills was drafted by the Jays in 2007's 4th round. He did pitch a bit for us, pitching in 18 games, 13 starts, over 3 seasons. He had a 2-3 record with an 8.57 ERA, 48.1 innings, 57 hits, 10 home runs, 31 walks and 45 strikeouts.

I guess I'm wrong about Mills going to Buffalo, Ben Nicholson-Smith, at Sportsnet tells us:

Mills is headed to Toronto, where he's expected to be placed on the team's active roster before Friday's game against the Texas Rangers.

So there are more move coming.

Welcome back to the organization, Brad.