That was long and it ended badly, Blue Jays lose in extras

Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 0 A's 1 (12 innings)

Great pitching spoiled by no offence.

I hate that Casey Janssen didn't pitch. There is no excuse to lose in extra innings with your best pitcher sitting in the pen. Or, well maybe there is an excuse we don't know about, perhaps he's sore or something. But if he isn't hurting, he should have pitched.

Anyway, Marcus Stroman was terrific, again. 7 innings, 3 hits, 3 walks and 7 strikeouts. He was just great.

Aaron Loup and Dustin McGowan both put up zeros. Brett Cecil got an out, and gave up a walk and Chad Jenkins came in. He got out of the inning, then pitched a clean 11th.

In the 12th, Jenkins gave up a lead off walk and should have been pulled. Then he got an out on a line out to fairly deep center and should have been pulled. Then Nick Punto sliced one down the left field line. Melky Cabrera ran off to cut if off, and he had to cut it off, but missed it and that was the game.

On offense, we managed 8 singles and a double, and 2 walks, and really didn't come close to scoring. Our great offense is still missing. I'm not sure where it has gone. Maybe Brazil, to watch the World Cup, but we have to get scoring again and soon.

Jays of the Day are Stroman (.421 WPA), McGowan (.126) and Loup (.100). Tolleson (.101 for a 2 for 4 day).

Suckage? Well the whole offense, minus Tolleson deserves it. Reyes (-.232), Melky (-.164 and the mistake in left), Bautista (-.117), Edwin (-.096, he did take two walks), Navarro (-.121), Glenn (-.154) and Mastroianni (-.135, though he singled in the 12th, we just didn't score him). Also Jenkins (-.122, but Gibby should have pulled him).

Let's get them tomorrow.

We had 1907 comments, pretty good for a Friday afternoon game. I led the way (first time in a long time). Great job me. Take a raise out of petty change.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Tom Dakers 160
8 Alan F. 105
9 jmarples 94