Blue Jays claim Cole Gillespie

Steven Bisig-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays have claimed Cole Gillespie off waivers from the Seattle Mariners. Gillespie is a right-handed hitting outfielder. This season he's hit .254/.312/.324 in 34 game as a Mariner. Career he has hit .233/.298/.333 in 112 games.

Of course, what matters is how he hit lefties....and I shouldn't have looked. He's hit LHP at at .221/.286/.271 rate, worse than he's hit right-handers. oh well. He has played all three outfield spots, but just a few games in CF.

To make room on the 40-man roster, Kenny Wilson gets the DFA treatment, yet again.

So take that Oakland, you may have traded for Jeff Smarties (hey, if we don't try for him, I'm not going to learn to spell his name) and Jason Hammel but we got an outfielder that couldn't keep a job with the Mariners. Woo-hoo.

They will make a 25-man roster move when Cole joins the team. No spoilers, but I'm pretty sure Brad Glenn has packed his bags already.

I'm sure there will be more moves before the deadline.