Blue Jays claim Nolan Reimold off waivers

David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays have claimed Nolan Reimold off waviers from the Orioles.

Nolan is a right-handed hitting outfielder, he has hit .252/.327/.439 in 286 MLB games. Against LHP he is .252/.323/.426 in his career. This year he was hitting .315/.420/.481 in Double-A  Bowie. He's played all 3 outfield spots as well as some 1B in the minors.

He's an upgrade over what we've had of late. No word on who is leaving the 40-man to make room for him.

Well, we know who's leaving the 40-man now:

Also no word on Edwin's injury yet but look who is playing first today: Interesting (but not exactly great) lineup.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS OAKLAND A'S
Jose Reyes - SS John Jaso - C
M. Kawasaki - 2B A. Callaspo - 3B