If this is Oakland we must have lost

Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 2 A's 4

Baseball is a funny sport, the A's come to Toronto and we sweep them and they look like a poor team. We go to Oakland and they sweep us and we look like a lousy team. The good news is leaving Oakland and can't get out quick enough.

At least we scored a couple of runs today. We only managed 5 hits and 1 walk. 2 hits from Munenori Kawasaki, 1 each from Jose Reyes (who had our walk), Melky Cabrera and Steve Tolleson (hitting our first home run since Joe Carter (well it feels that way)).

Drew Hutchison wasn't great. He gave up lead off doubles in the first two innings (only the one in the second scored). In the fourth he gave up 3 consecutive soft singles, to start the inning, then struck out Nick Punto and Craig Gentry popped up a bunt attempt back to Drew. Unfortunately, John Jaso singled home 2 before he got out of the inning. In all, he battled through 5.2 innings, allowing 8 hits, 3 earned, 2 walks with 4 strikeouts.

Aaron Loup gave up a hit and a walk in his 1.1, but kept the A's from adding to their lead. Casey Janssen wasn't as lucky, giving up a run on a 2-out single and double.

No Jays of the Day today, though Kawasaki had a pretty good day, with the 2 hits and made some nice plays in the field.

Suckage honors go to Drew (-.128 WPA) and Bautista (-.198),  He had a rough day at the plate. I thought he was ok with the glove at first base.

I really will be happy when the bats start working again.

Source: FanGraphs

We had 709 comments in the thread, Bowling Guy led the way, great job and great restraint with the ban hammer.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Bowling_Guy25 75
2 Alan F. 74
3 Tom Dakers 64