Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays: Batters

Ezra Shaw

A quick look at how the Blue Jays batters have done over the past two weeks.

It really hasn't been a fun couple of weeks. We are 4 and 8 over the last 12 games.

The offense has been awful. We've averaged 3.25 runs per game over the 12. The only upside is that Buck and Pat has stopped talking about Kevin Seitzer full time.

Batters

Red_down_medium

Dioner Navarro

Dioner played in 11 of the 12 games, starting 10 of them. He hit ..211/.250/.395 with 1 double, 2 homers, 4 RBI, 2 walks and 8 strikeouts. Why can't we find a catcher that will take more than one walk a week. He has been a bit of a disappointment.

Blue_up_medium

Edwin Encarnacion

Edwin started 11 of the games before going on the DL. Hit .316/.455/.543, with 2 doubles, 2 home runs, 7 RBI, 9 walks and 5 strikeouts. I'm so sad.

Red_down_medium

Juan Francisco

Juan played in all 12 games, starting 8. He hit .160/.222/.280 with 4 doubles, 1 home runs, 2 RBI, 1 caught stealing, 2 walks and 12 strikeouts. The slash line is surprisingly close to what Ryan Goins was at when he was sent down. Course, Francisco makes up for it with his glove. No? Why don't we try Dan Johnson for a bit?

Blue_up_medium

Jose Reyes

You know, over the past two weeks his numbers have been pretty good .309/.321/473 with 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 3 RBI, 2 steals, 1 walk and 7 strikeouts. I'd like more than one walk but, over the two week period, he's been pretty good. His defense hasn't been great, Fangraphs has him at a -5.2 UZR/150, which feels about right. He's made some errors but his .962 fielding average isn't much worse than the league .972 average.

Red_down_medium

Darin Mastroianni

Played in 6 games, starting 3. Hit .214/.214/.429, with 1 home run. 2 RBI, no walks, 1 strikeout. And a bad bunt. He's had a rough time of it.

Red_down_medium

Melky Cabrera

Melky started all 12 games, starting 11. Hit .261/.320/.348, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI, 4 walks, 2 strikeouts. His batting average has been within 5 points of .300 since June 18th.

Red_down_medium

Colby Rasmus

Played in 11 games, starting 9. He his .097/.200/.290, with 2 home runs, 4 RBI, 4 hits and 13 strikeouts. Yeah, it hasn't been good. I'm hoping he'll get his timing down sometime good.

Red_down_medium

Jose Bautista

Jose played in 7 games, starting 6. He hit .200/.231/.480, with 1 double, 2 home runs, 2 RBI, 1 walk, 6 strikeouts. I don't know if it wouldn't have been better to have put him on the DL, when he was first hurt. I'm hoping he'll get his swing back quick.

Red_down_medium

Adam Lind

Another of the walking wounded. He played in all 12 games, starting 7. He hit .258/.281/.355, 3 doubles, 4 RBI, 1 walk and 8 strikeouts. Like nearly everyone else on the team, limping and not hitting.

Red_down_medium

Josh Thole

Played in 4 games, starting 3. Hit .222/.222/.222, 2 singles in 9 at bats. Pretty tough to grade him on 9 at bats...but we do anyway.

Blue_up_medium

Steve Tolleson

Steve played in 10 of the games, starting 4. Hit .313/.421/.625, 2 doubles, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 steal, 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. He hits much better when he can see.

Blue_up_medium

Munenori Kawasaki

Started all 12 games and he's been great. .333/.415/.361 with 1 double, 1 RBI, 4 walks and 8 strikeouts.  He's still my favorite replacement level player ever, but I wouldn't mind if he were to do better than replacement.

Red_down_medium

Anthony Gose

Played in 9 and started 5 of the games, then was sent to Buffalo. He hit .150/.190/.200, with 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 steal, 1 walk and 4 strikeouts.

Red_down_medium

Brad Glenn

Played in 6 games, starting 5, 16 plate appearances, 1 hit, 1 walk, 5 strikeouts. .067/.125/.067. And he's been DFAed.