PRESENTED BY 948728083_fanduel_stb_black

Introducing FanDuel

Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY Sports

SB Nation and FanDuel have partnered to give us a daily fantasy baseball game to play.

Hi. This is a sponsored for FanDuel. First the legal part:

Even though this is a sponsored post with affiliate links, all of the opinions in this post are my own. Just to let you know,  FanDuel gave me some cash to play its daily fantasy games.

We have an exclusive SB Nation /FanDuel partnership. FanDuel runs one-day fantasy sports games .

This post is to let you know that we are first contest, for tonight's games.Just go here

If the link isn't working go here: https://www.fanduel.com/league/mlb-squeeze?t=SBN_MLBJAYS

  • Entry fee is just $2.00 (US).
  • And there is $18,000 in prizes. $2,000 for first place.

You can find the full rules here.

Game play is simple (we played a game for site managers and it was very easy to play), you pick a player for each position on the diamond.  You have to stay within a salary cap. If your players do well, you get points, if they don't, you get negative points. They have a live scoreboard, so you can follow how you are doing in real time.

Here's a video to show you how:

I'm not a big fan of fantasy baseball, I figure baseball takes up enough of my time already, but this was quick and easy. It didn't take more than 5 minutes to make my picks (then I finished 17th out of 25). It was fun when my pick at shortstop, Jose Reyes, led off with a home run, it went downhill from there. The couple of tips I might make:

My only real tip is watch for possible rain outs. Your player doesn't play, he doesn't get points. Beyond that, if you pick someone from the team the Jays are playing....don't tell me about it.

You'll see the occasional link to FanDuel games at the bottom of posts in the future.

Good Luck! Have fun with it.