FanPost

Troy Tulowitzki? -- discuss

Ok, so I am already defensive, because people are always suggesting crazy unrealistic trades. But I keep thinking about it, and I have not heard anyone else discussing it here, so I appreciate some reasonable insight about whether the package that has been discussed for other front line players (such as Price) could be even better spent on Tulowitzki.

1) Tulowitzki is open to being traded. "I want to be somewhere where there's a chance to be in the playoffs"

2) Even Fangraphs wonders.

I think the point they are making is that the Rockies are bad, badly injured, and yet have a core of young talent they need to cohort, especially needing young pitching. Some young pitching talent and some financial wiggle room could considerably improve their chances. They have some young SS coming up that could replace him, defensively at least.

3) Tulowitzki is expensive, but truly excellent. Hits lefties great. improves the D both directly and indirectly.

vs LHP 42 91 72 18 28 6 0 7 14 1 1 15 7 .389 .505 .764 1.269 55 2 3 0 1 2 0 .356 141 253

Locked in at 20M$ for 5 more years, then 15/14 but he is still reasonably young -- not yet 30.

Go big, or go home. Don't bother with half measures. An inspiring boost. Solve the problem of infield defence and hitting/lefty hitting in one (big) swoop. Shell out what it takes to get the best middle infielder in baseball that is (possibly) available.

Trade high end young pitching like Sanchez + Norris + more if needed out to Colorado (never to haunt us) for Tulo, install him at SS, move Reyes to 3B or 2B, and leave the pitching as is.

What would the Jays have to do to accommodate the salary? Let Colby go (done) ? Trade Buehrle for a cheaper pitcher to clear out some salary (willing) ? Reyes?

What think you?