FanPost

Baseball Affects Me So

I care a lot to describe you see,

How a Blue Jays loss affects me.

I want my team to win so badly,

I don't care how they do it, gladly.

If the bullpen blows a late lead, it's ghastly,

Issues free passes like they're candy,

Offers up fastballs that say "hit me",

Or serves up a hanger on a platter, kill me.

To end the game with a routine grounder,

Or hit a sky-high fly, easy out, downer,

Or worse yet, strikes out with runners on,

Fails to make contact, "Come on!"

Can't shorten up and approach two strikes,

Just hit the ball up the middle, zoom past the pitcher, yikes!

For those who let pressure get to them, loosen up,

Or you might find yourself demoted, DFA'd or benched, yup!

When star players pull up lame,

When fundamental plays are not made,

Unable of hitting the opposite way,

Errant throws that sail and fade,

Wild pitches and passed balls,

Opposing runners move up, gall,

Breaking up the potential double play,

Forcing our pitchers to have an extra long day.

Losing...It visibly affects my mood,

On failed chances, I brood,

I wear a chip at night on my shoulder,

During the next day, I feel older,

To those that surround me, I'm dreadful,

General demeanour is down right awful,

I'm a snapping turtle, a shark,

Waiting to bite anyone like a beaver ‘n bark.

As opposed to a win,

All day I wear a huge grin,

Proud that my team won,

Our season isn't done.

For that day, my whole world is well,

On mistakes, I don't have to dwell.

I can go about my day not having to fret,

Instead focus on my tasks without regret.

Regardless, I have a choice, it's true,

Losing baseball shouldn't make me this blue.

However, this game, you see,

Has a hold over me.

Its drama, its emotion,

Situations cause much commotion,