FanPost

Resting the core players

The 92 and 93 years are still fresh in my mind after 22 years. Funny I have no memory of Cito Gaston resting the core players after clinching the division while having the rest of the September roster make up temporary lineups that would play a string of games that would predictably result in a losing steak by the Jays leading up to the playoff games. What did Cito Gaston actually do in those games? Where is the method in Gibby's madness? Why shouuld David Price miss a game and risk putting him off his 5-day rhythm.