FanPost

Bluebird Banter Play-by-play (and/or Podcast)

Hi everyone,

I know some folks have mentioned it before, and for the most part the topic was not deeply discussed, but would anyone in interested in partaking in either a once-a-week (or any) play-by-play feed or podcast? It will probably be terrible but at the same time, it could be a lot of fun and maybe great. The idea is to mostly try it out once or twice this season (preferably before playoffs begin), get a feel for how it goes and, if it goes well, try to make it a regular feature for the 2016 season, and maybe beyond. Who knows.

Haven't put a lot of thought into it yet, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult to set up using BlogTalkRadio, the same website that Jesse uses for Around The Nest. The website is here. We can have one or two "practice" broadcasts, or just jump right into it if we're comfortable with it. Again, nothing set is stone yet.

If anyone would like to try it out with me (or on your own), or has ideas on how we can actually makes this dumb idea work, let us know in the comments.

Thanks everyone.

Update 1: After a slight bit of research, it does seem like live play-by-play broadcasts may be difficult and/or possibly illegal. Will look into that, but right now it appears as though a podcast or a may be the way to go. BlogTalkRadio is a bit problematic, since as a free service they only allow podcasts up to 30 minutes in length.

Update 2: Podcasting should be doable by Skype. We may look to record one today (Aug 30) after the game. A live audio broadcast has been set up using listen2myradio.com. You can find our feed here, though you won't hear anything on it right now. I haven't found a way to have multiple hosts (or if that's even possible) through it, so if you want to talk on it you'll have to use Skype.