FanPost

It's a Hard Knock Life For Me

Growing up in LA my dad was a bit absent in my life. My mom, born and raised in TO, York to be exact, would take me back to the Six every summer and winter. Winters were cool to me as an LA kid. Snow was just neat because I only had to deal with it for 2 weeks. But summers were special.

My aunt and uncle were HUGE JAYS fans. At age 7 my uncle asked my mom if he could take me to a Jays game at their old Exhibition Park. It was awkward watching a game there since my seat didn't really face the action. But I was still hooked. It was my first ever game, which is also weird since I had both the Dodgers and the Angels in my backyard. But I loved it and fell in love with the team.

Upon my return my dad took me to a Dodgers game. It wasn't the same. Probably because he wasn't really into it. My uncle was a fanatic. He knew all of the players on both teams. We sat so close. At Dodger Stadium I got a nosebleed and couldn't tell what was happening.

Every year I returned to TO I went to a game. I've got so many fond memories of games there. It's just a special place to me. Can't explain it. But I love this team, the fans, this blog. Baseball season is just a special time for me and now I get to share it with my own boys.

As some of you know my oldest son and I are on a journey to see the Jays play in every ballbark. Our last game will be the Skydome (I'd can't call it by any other name). That will be special.