Toronto Blue Jays Analysis

Who's up, Who's down: Infielders

26

Back on Tuesday, we took at look at how our potential starting pitchers fared after the first few spring games, I thought we'd also look at how our infielders at doing. Infielders ...

Todd Redmond Shouldn't Be An Option

90

As a pitcher without options who fared admirably in 2013, Todd Redmond has a real chance to be Toronto's fifth starter. If he does get that chance, things could get ugly.

Does Edwin Encarnacion Have Another Gear?

10

Edwin Encarnacion has already broken out to become an elite offensive force over the last two seasons. Is it possible he has a little bit more breaking out to do?

Jose Reyes Will Not Be Cheated

20

If Jose Reyes is going to strikeout, not something he is in the habit of doing, he's going to go down swinging.

The Fog of Rajai Davis

15

The presence of Rajai Davis has made it very difficult to see the struggles the Blue Jays have had on the base paths in recent years.

Adam Lind and Rajai Davis: Separated at Birth

9

On a surface level Adam Lind and Rajai Davis don't have a lot in common. However, if you are willing to ignore a lot of obvious differences they are essentially clones.

The Blue Jays Young Players Aren't Producing

39

Last season Blue Jays were disappointed by the contributions of known quantities like Melky Cabrera, Maicer Izturis, and Josh Johnson, but the young guns haven't been much good of late either.

Blue Jays ZiPS Projections

19

Fangraphs has post the ZiPS projections for the Blue Jays. They figure our top batters to be: Jose Bautista: 4.0 WAR Brett Lawrie: 3.3 WAR Edwin Encarnacion: 3.2 WAR Jose Reyes: 3.1 WAR Colby...

The Not-So-Secret Weapon of Sergio Santos

17

Sergio Santos was unbelievable when he pitched in 2013. What can we expect in 2014?

How Did John Gibbons Manage His Bullpen in 2013?

6

When John Gibbons was hired to be the manager of the 2013 Blue Jays he was advertised as a savvy bullpen handler. How did he do on that front last season?

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707