Toronto Blue Jays News

Brad Glenn up, Kevin Pillar down

75

Update: Apparently Kevin Pillar didn't take to well to being pinch hit for last night, I didn't see it but some folks mentioned he threw his bat and gloves after being taken out. Gibbons on...

Pompey and Norris Selected to Futures Game

49

Two Blue Jays players will represent the organization in Minnesota at the Futures Game on Sunday July 13th at 5pm EST. Switch-hitting center fielder Dalton Pompey of Mississauga and left-handed...

Jose Bautista AL captain for the Home Run Derby

19

MLB.com had this: Jose Bautista of the Blue Jays and Troy Tulowitzki of the Rockies have been named captains for the 20th Gillette Home Run Derby. I'll admit, I can watch the Home Run Derby...

Lawrie to DL, Kratz optioned, Pillar & Gose return

205

Sunday's game between the Blue Jays and Reds saw Brett Lawrie and Jose Bautista leaving the game due to injury. Bautista experienced hamstring tightness and is still day-to-day until MRI results...

All-Star Game Voting: Blue Jays Update

71

With voting for the 2014 MLB All-Star game hitting the home stretch, two Blue Jays currently hold a starting spot in their respective positions. The voting ends July 3rd and the game will take...

Lawrie, Bautista leave game with injuries

147

Brett Lawrie was hit by a pitch on his right hand, in the second inning of today's game and had to come out of the game. And, the next inning, Jose Bautista left with a leg injury. Bautista's...

Hendriks called up to start tonight, Delabar opt'd

58

John Lott in the National Post tell us that the Blue Jays have called up Liam Hendriks to make tonight's start against the Reds. No word on who will be making the trip back to Buffalo yet. I'd...

Steve Delabar called up

15

Steve Delabar didn't have to put up with minor league bus rides for long, he never even got into a game for the Bisons and now he is back with the Jays, taking the spot left open with Brett Cecil...

Injury News: Cecil Heading To DL, Lawrie Okay

12

After trying to fight through a groin injury in New York tonight, Brett Cecil confirmed that he will be heading to the disabled list. Relieving Chad Jenkins in the seventh inning this evening,...

Rasmus activated, Gose optioned... in limericks

62

Colby Rasmus is coming back His hammies 'n hips were out of whack Going the other way Back down to triple-A Is the guy who hit him in the eye sac. Transactions in limerick may be absurd But A...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707