Toronto Blue Jays News

Osuna starts Tuesday, Pentecost debuts tonight

28

Blue Jays pitching prospect Roberto Osuna returns from Tommy John surgery tomorrow with a rehab outing for the Gulf Coast League Blue Jays.

Surprise, Edwin goes on the DL

30

No surprise here, Edwin Encarnacion has been placed on the 15-day DL with a right quadriceps strain. Please get well quick Edwin. He seems to think the 15 days will be enough, I'm guessing 3 to 4...

Quad strain for Edwin Encarnacion

18

There is this: That update does not tell us much at all. Quad strains can take anywhere from 10 days to three months to heal.Depends on severity #BlueJays— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) July...

Blue Jays claim Nolan Reimold off waivers

50

The Blue Jays have claimed Nolan Reimold off waviers from the Orioles. Nolan is a right-handed hitting outfielder, he has hit .252/.327/.439 in 286 MLB games. Against LHP he is .252/.323/.426 in...

Tying Up Bautista's Anger and Encarnacion's Injury

60

Needless to say the game was a rough one in Oakland last night, with the game taking a turn for the worse when the replay review on an eighth inning Melky Cabrera play at the plate was incorrectly...

Blue Jays claim Cole Gillespie

68

The Blue Jays have claimed Cole Gillespie off waivers from the Seattle Mariners. Gillespie is a right-handed hitting outfielder. This season he's hit .254/.312/.324 in 34 game as a Mariner. Career...

Scratch a couple of names off the wish list

232

So you really didn't want Jeff Samardzija and/or Jason Hammel did you? If you did, well, too bad. The Cubs traded the pair of pitchers to the Oakland A's for shortstop prospect Addison Russell and...

Brett Cecil back, Anthony Gose optioned

12

Reliever Brett Cecil will return to the Blue Jays roster in time for Friday's afternoon game against the Athletics as it was expected. To make space on the 25-man roster, outfielder Anthony Gose...

Brett Cecil to rejoin the Blue Jays Friday

9

Barry Davis had this: Brett Cecil is en route to Oakland tonight and will rejoin the team for tomorrow's game. #bluejays will need to clear a spot on 25 man — Barry Davis (@SNBarryDavis) July...

Blue Jays sign two international free agents

37

The Blue Jays have signed two international free agents: Juan Meza as a 16 year old pitcher from Venezuela. He's 6'3", 190 pounds. He throws a low 90's fastball. Baseball America has him as the 1...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707