Toronto Blue Jays News

Sanchez, Johnson and Pillar cut

We knew they weren't making the team, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see all three of today's cuts in Toronto at some point this season. Aaron Sanchez had a great spring training. He pitched...

Steam Whistle Leaving The Rogers Centre

Last season the Rogers Centre offered a craft beer for the first time. This year, not so much.

TUI-A-SO-SO-PO!

A month was almost allowed to pass since the last transaction that affected the 40-man roster, but the Blue Jays cut the static streak by claiming outfielder Matt Tuiasosopo from the Arizona...

Thursday Bantering: Goins, McGowan

So there is this: Not that there was much doubt, but Gibbons says Goins is his starting second baseman. #BlueJays — John Lott (@LottOnBaseball) March 20, 2014 There goes my little dream...

Stroman and Romero Sent to Minor League Camp

Pitchers Marcus Stroman and Ricky Romero were sent to minor league camp this morning ruling them out of the starting rotation competition.

Tuesday Bantering

Sportsnet 590 is going to broadcast 6 Buffalo Bison games this season, The dates are: Tuesday, July 1   7:00 at Syracuse Chiefs Thursday July 10  7:00 vs. Durham Bulls Monday July 17   7:00...

Jenkins, Nolin, and Drabek Optioned To Buffalo

Pitchers Chad Jenkins, Sean Nolin, and Kyle Drabek have all been optioned to AAA Buffalo.

Blue Jays sign Mike McDade to minor league deal

The Blue Jays signed Mike McDade to a minor league contract. He'll likely end up in Buffalo. McDade was our 6th round pick in the 2007 draft and he appeared on more than one of our top prospects...

Alex Speaks

Alex Anthopoulos was on the Jeff Blair show and, as always, Alex managed to talk a lot without saying all that much. What he did say: He said that Ervin Santana decided that it would be in his...

Colby Rasmus back in lineup vs Team Canada

More than a week after suffering a neck injury, Toronto Blue Jays centre fielder Colby Rasmus will be back in their starting lineup in an exhibition game against Canada's Junior National Team Tuesday afternoon in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Yahoo-baseball
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250