Toronto Blue Jays News

Lawrie, Bautista leave game with injuries

147

Brett Lawrie was hit by a pitch on his right hand, in the second inning of today's game and had to come out of the game. And, the next inning, Jose Bautista left with a leg injury. Bautista's...

Hendriks called up to start tonight, Delabar opt'd

58

John Lott in the National Post tell us that the Blue Jays have called up Liam Hendriks to make tonight's start against the Reds. No word on who will be making the trip back to Buffalo yet. I'd...

Steve Delabar called up

15

Steve Delabar didn't have to put up with minor league bus rides for long, he never even got into a game for the Bisons and now he is back with the Jays, taking the spot left open with Brett Cecil...

Injury News: Cecil Heading To DL, Lawrie Okay

12

After trying to fight through a groin injury in New York tonight, Brett Cecil confirmed that he will be heading to the disabled list. Relieving Chad Jenkins in the seventh inning this evening,...

Rasmus activated, Gose optioned... in limericks

62

Colby Rasmus is coming back His hammies 'n hips were out of whack Going the other way Back down to triple-A Is the guy who hit him in the eye sac. Transactions in limerick may be absurd But A...

Steve Delabar sent to Buffalo

125

Last night's reported recall of Munenori Kawasaki fuelled speculation that either Brett Cecil or Adam Lind would be placed on the 15-day disabled list; however when the Blue Jays beat saw the...

Report: Munenori Kawasaki is back!

106

According to the Blue Jays radio broadcasts'  "Third Man in the Booth" Mike Wilner, Toronto will be recalling infielder Munenori Kawasaki to the major leagues before Tuesday night's game against...

L.B. Dantzler and K.C. Hobson promoted

2

The Blue Jays like to be really secretive about everything it seems. After the end of the first half of the Midwest League (single-A) and Florida State League (advanced-A) seasons, the club...

Derrick Chung and Daniel Norris promoted

74

Not Derrick Norris and Daniel Chung, as I told people in a drunken stupor this weekend.

Sergio Santos activated

19

The Blue Jays have activated Sergio Santos off the DL,  and Darin Mastroianni is the unlucky one sent down to Buffalo,  though he'll likely stay around for a couple of days while the Jays decide if...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707