Front Page

View from the other side

We start a series with the Minnesota Twins tonight. They sit at 6-6, 3rd in the AL Central. Jesse, from Twinkie Town SB Nations great Twins site, and I exchanged questions about each other's team...

Maicer Izturis Likely Needs Surgery, Out For Year

The Blue Jays worst fears have come true in the case of Maicer Izturis' injured leg. After falling down the dugout steps in Baltimore this weekend, it now seems like he is heading towards surgery...

Off day question

The Blue Jays played 13 games, sitting at 7-6, in a 3 way tie for first with the Yankees and Rays. Last year we were 6-7 at this point, 2.5 games behind Boston (we'd never be that close again). It...

Blue Jays Moves:

The Blue Jays made some moves after today's win: Maicer Izturis goes onto the DL with the sprained knee. Too bad to Maicer, it looked like he was taking over the second base job. Barry Davis had...

Jays beat Orioles

Blue Jays 11 Orioles 4 It's about time we started hitting. It certainly is more fun watching games when you are hitting. I'm hoping it isn't just that Ubaldo Jimenez was terrible, though he was...

Izturis removed from game with sprained knee

Maicer Izturis was in today's starting lineup and was in the on deck circle in the top of the first but didn't take his position in the bottom of the inning. We didn't know why until: Izturis...

More on last night's game

If we were making a list of things managers do that drive the more sabermetric oriented baseball fan crazy, losing an extra innings game with your best relievers sitting in the bullpen has to be...

Game #13 Preview: Blue Jays @ Orioles

The series is on the line today as the Blue Jays face off against the Orioles this afternoon at 1:30pm in Baltimore. Lefty Mark Buehrle is on the mound for Toronto against free agent signing Ubaldo...

Janssen and Reyes start rehab assignments

Jose Reyes and Casey Jansen are flying out to Dunedin to start rehab assignments in the warmth of Florida (how can I convince SB  Nation that I need to rehab in Florida?).  Buffalo misses out on...

Yahoo-baseball.v988856f
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707