Toronto Blue Jays News

Colby Rasmus back in lineup vs Team Canada

More than a week after suffering a neck injury, Toronto Blue Jays centre fielder Colby Rasmus will be back in their starting lineup in an exhibition game against Canada's Junior National Team Tuesday afternoon in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Injury news: Happ and Rasmus

The Blue Jays have a little bit of injury news. First, J.A. Happ has a sore back and the Jays are shutting him down for a few days. He's not happy about it, he wanted to pitch through it, he...

Jays sign another knuckleball pitcher: Frank Viola

The Blue Jays have signed another knuckleball pitcher, this one the son of a former major league pitcher, both father and son are named Frank Viola. As my son would say some would find that...

First cuts: Tomo Ohka and Juan Perez

Scott MacArthur, at TSN tells us that the first cuts of the spring have been made.  Tomo Ohka and Juan Perez have been sent to the minor league camp. No surprise really. Juan is trying to come back...

Jerry & Joe: the J's who are the voice of the Jays

After a one-year partnership with Jack Morris, long-time Blue Jays radio play-by-play man Jerry Howarth will be partnered with former catcher Joe Siddall in 2014. Siddall, a 46-year-old from Windsor, Ontario, made his broadcasting debut just last Wed

Today in minor aches and pains

We've hit that time in spring training where the minor sorenesses are starting to show up: Brett Lawrie has hamstring tightness and will sit today. He wanted to play but the team is being careful....

Blue Jays have 'decided to stay' in Dunedin

The Palm Beach Post has a story saying that the Blue Jays are no longer looking at moving their spring training home to Palm Beach: And the Toronto Blue Jays are no longer looking for a site in...

First injury of the spring? Brandon Morrow.

The first injury of the spring: Brandon Morrow has a sleeve on his calf. It's "a little tight, no big deal" says John Gibbons. Set to pitch 1-2 inn. Fri. #Bluejays #Jays — Mike Wilner...

Pirates claim Brent Morel off waivers from Jays

There really isn't much more to it than the headline, but the Blue Jays lose Brent Morel to the Pirates off a waiver claim. The Jays designated him for assignment after taking Liam Hendriks from...

Early Spring Training Pitching Schedule Announced

With just about 48 hours until real, actual baseball gets going again the pitchers who will be toeing the rubber in the first week of games has been announced. With a pretty wide open competition...

Yahoo-baseball.v988856f
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707