Toronto Blue Jays History

November 12 In Bluebird Banter History

23

Bluebird Banter takes a time machine ride back in time through the archives to see what was posted on this blog one, two, three, and four years ago.

Today In Bluebird Banter History

10

One Year Ago Today: The Jays traded to get Trystan Magnuson back from the A's (and you thought the trade for Esmile Rogers was no big deal). Trystan pitched for Dunedin and New Hampshire for us...

19 Years Ago Today: Joe Carter's Big Hit

25

It was 19 years ago today, Joe Carter hit a walk off home run to win the World Series.

20 Years Ago Today: The Catch

13

20 Years Ago: Devon White makes an amazing catch to start a triple play. Unfortunately Bob Davidson blew the call at second base.

Remembering John Cerutti

1

Today we commemorate the eighth anniversary of the sudden passing of former Blue Jays pitcher and TV broadcaster John Cerutti.

September Trades In Blue Jays History

3

What are the key trades the Blue Jays have made in September?

Today In Blue Jay History: David Cone Trade

18

Today in Blue Jay history the Jays traded Jeff Kent to the Mets for David Cone.

A Trip to Baseball-Reference.com: Positive WPA Streaking

18

Jose Bautista had a stretch of 16 games in 2011 where he had a positive win probability added (WPA), which is tied for 3rd longest streak of all time among batters in the Major Leagues.

Today in Blue Jay History: Jays Give Alex Rios to White Sox

6

3 years ago the Blue Jays let the White Sox take Alex Rios on a waiver claim.

Today In Blue Jay History: Jays Trade Michael Young

52

Today in Blue Jay history, July 19, 2000, the Jays traded Michael Young (and Darwin Cubillan) to the Texas Rangers for Esteban Loaiza. It turned out to be the worst trade in team history. To go...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707