Toronto Blue Jays News

Spring training: guest instructors and NRIs

Former Blue Jays players Roberto Alomar, George Bell, Pat Hentgen, and Paul Quantrill will be spring training guest instructors in Dunedin this year.

Jays sign a bunch of international free agents

According to the BlueJays.com transactions page, the Blue Jays have signed seven international free agents from the Dominican Republic to minor league contracts last week. Remember that the Blue...

Jack Morris leaving Sportsnet

It looks like Jack Morris is leaving the Blue Jays radio broadcast team for a similar job with the Twins. Jack Morris moving from color man on #BlueJays radio to back to similar position for #...

Halladay invited to attend Philiies camp

Roy Halladay, who signed a one-day contract to retire with the Toronto Blue Jays this offseason, has been invited to attend spring training as a guest instructor for the Philadelphia Phillies.

Blue Jays sign Ricardo Nanita

How much would I like some real news? Instead.... #BlueJays have signed OF Ricardo Nanita to a Minor League deal with an invite to Spring Training. — Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) January 20,...

Report: Blue Jays don't make offer to Tanaka

Bernie Pleskoff tweeted this: Formal offers for Masahiro Tanaka were submitted by #Yankees, #Dodgers, #Dbacks, #WhiteSox and #Cubs. Surprise for me-no #BlueJays. — Bernie Pleskoff...

Report from Bisons Hot Stove Luncheon

The two versions of the Buffalo Bisons' annual Hot Stove Luncheon that I've been to have been sort of like microcosms to the offseason. For example, last year, the excitement was palpable at the...

Jays Sign Chris Getz to a Minor League Contract

The Jays have signed Chris Getz to a minor league contract with a spring training invite. Getz is 30 and has played in the AL for the last 6 seasons, with the White Sox and the Royals. Here are his...

Rasmus, Cecil and Rogers file for arbitration

John Lott shared this with us: Colby Rasmus, Brett Cecil and Esmil Rogers file for salary arbitration, along with 143 other MLB players. #BlueJays — John Lott (@LottOnBaseball) January 14,...

Jack Morris returning + Blue Jays links

Blue Jays fans can put an end to the speculations that Jerry Howarth will be looking for another new partner on the radio for 2014 as the long-time play-by-play announcer confirmed to Jays...

Yahoo-baseball
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250