Toronto Blue Jays Birthdays

Happy Birthday Omar Vizquel

Omar Vizquel turns 45 today (my sister turned 45 just yesterday). I don't think the Jays have ever had a player turn 45 as a member of their roster. He's not the oldest Jay ever. Phil Niekro was 48...

Happy Birthday Jose Cruz and Curtis Thigpen

Former Jay, Mariner, Diamondback, Dodger, Ray, Giant, Padre, Astro....I'm sure I'm missing someone, right Red Sox, Jose Cruz, Jr turns 38 today. Jose was a good player but never became the star we...

Happy Birthday Henderson Alvarez

Henderson Alvarez turns 22 today. 22. And he's made 12 major league starts. How many guys pitchers have 12 starts before their 22nd birthday. He hasn't had many decisions in those 12 starts, he was...

Happy Birthday Gary Lavelle

Former lefty reliever Gary Lavelle turns 63 today. Gary played for the San Francisco Giants for 11 years, bouncing between closer and lefty setup guy. He had 127 saves for them in 647 games. He and...

Happy Birthday Tom Henke

Former Blue Jay closer Tom Henke turns 54 today. Henke was picked up by Jays GM Pat Gillick from the Texas Rangers, before the 1985 season, as compensation for the Rangers signing free agent Cliff...

Happy Birthday Buck Martinez

Everyone's favorite play-by-play man, Buck Martinez, turns 63 today. Buck had a 17 season career as a catcher in the major leagues. 6 of those seasons were with the Blue Jays. He worked as the...

Happy Birthday Jon Rauch

Jon Rauch turns 33 today.  It hasn't been the best of seasons for Jon, he has a 4.85 ERA, has given up 11 home runs, not far off a team record for relievers. He's minus an appendix and is out now...

Happy Birthday Brandon Morrow

Today is Brandon Morrow's 26 27th birthday. He gets the start today too. Years ago Bill James did a little study on how players did on their birthdays, I don't remember too much about it, other...

Happy Birthday Jeff Musselman

Former Jay pitcher Jeff Musselman turns 48 today. Jeff was a 6th round pick from the 1985 draft out of Harvard. I don't think there has been a player out of Harvard that has made the majors since....

Happy Birthday Mike Sirotka

Mike Sirotka turns 40 today. If we ever do a list of 'worst trades in Jay history', the David Wells for Mike Sirotka deal will be on the list,  not that the White Sox got much out of it either. You...

Yahoo-baseball.v988856f
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707