Toronto Blue Jays Birthdays

Happy Birthday Jesse Litsch

Jesse Litsch turns 26 today.  Must be pretty nice to be 26 and have 2 seasons of sub-4.00 ERAs in your past. Course the two years since haven't been as much fun. After Tommy John surgery in 2009...

Happy Birthday Matt Stairs

Today is Matt Stairs 43rd birthday.  Matt, as you know, is a good Canadian boy. He played 2 seasons with the Jays and started his major league career with the Expos, long ago. Of his two years with...

Happy Birthday Josh Towers and Kelly Gruber

Two Blue Jay birthdays today: Josh Towers turns 34 today and Kelly Gruber 49. Towers pitched for us for 5 seasons, winning 37 and losing 42 from 2003 to 2007. His best season was 2005 when he went...

Happy Birthday Shannon Stewart

Former Jay outfielder Shannon Stewart turns 37 today.  Shannon was our first round draft pick in 1992. He was a September call up in 1995 and 1996, played with us for part of 1997 and then made it...

Happy Birthday John Mayberry

Former Jay first baseman John Mayberry turns 62 today. Mayberry played for the Jays from 1978 until May of 1982. He was, at least for part of that time, one of our best player. He hit 92 home runs...

Happy Birthday Edwin Encarnacion.

Edwin Encarnacion turns 28 today. Set off the firewo....never mind. I guess this is appropriate: I got a kick out of seeing Butch Hobson's name on EE's top 10 Similar batters. Hobson (as well as...

Happy Birthday Jim Clancy and Roy Howell

Jim Clancy turns 55 today and Roy Howell 57. Jim Clancy pitched for us from 1977 to 1988. He and Dave Stieb battled for franchise lead in wins for a number of years. He was a horse, he threw 250...

Happy Birthday Tony Batista

Former Jay slugger Tony Batista turns 37 today. In 2.5 seasons Tony hit 80 home runs for us. Like our Jose Bautista, this Batista had one massively great season, hitting 41 homers and 114 RBI in...

Happy Birthday Shawn Camp

Shawn Camp turns 35 today.  Shawn has had a good 3 seasons with the Jays since JP picked him up as a free agent after a awful 2007 with the Rays where he had a 7.20 ERA. I don't know what he saw in...

Happy Birthday Pat Hentgen

Former Jay pitcher, Cy Young award winner, current bullpen coach and last, but least, Bluebird Banter interviewee Pat Hentgen turns 42 today. Pat won 131 games in his 14 season career, 107 with the...

Yahoo-baseball.v988856f
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707