Toronto Blue Jays Birthdays

Happy Birthday Tony Batista

8

Former Jay slugger Tony Batista turns 37 today. In 2.5 seasons Tony hit 80 home runs for us. Like our Jose Bautista, this Batista had one massively great season, hitting 41 homers and 114 RBI in...

Happy Birthday Shawn Camp

4

Shawn Camp turns 35 today.  Shawn has had a good 3 seasons with the Jays since JP picked him up as a free agent after a awful 2007 with the Rays where he had a 7.20 ERA. I don't know what he saw in...

Happy Birthday Pat Hentgen

4

Former Jay pitcher, Cy Young award winner, current bullpen coach and last, but least, Bluebird Banter interviewee Pat Hentgen turns 42 today. Pat won 131 games in his 14 season career, 107 with the...

Happy Birthday Ricky Romero and John Candelaria

3

Today is the birthday of a pair of good left handed pitchers. John Candelaria turns 57 today. The Candy Man pitched in 600 major league games, finishing with a 177-122 record. 13 of those games and...

Happy Birthday Lloyd Moseby

6

Lloyd Moseby turns 51 today.  Lloyd played center field for us for 10 seasons. He was part of the great outfield we had in the 80's with George Bell in left and Jesse Barfield in right. He was our...

Happy Birthday Paul Quantrill

2

The only Canadian on our list of Top 50 Blue Jays turns 42 today. He spent 6 seasons with the Jays and pitched in 386 games. His best season with the Jays was 1997 when he had a 1.94 ERA in 77...

Happy Birthday Jose Bautista

10

Everyone's favorite home run champion turns 30 today.  And not only can he hit 54 home runs in a season, he can grow a beard overnight.  Really there isn't anything I can say about him that hasn't...

Happy Birthday Garth Iorg

3

Garth Iorg turns 56 today. He played with the Jays from 1978 to 1987. Garth was part of a platoon at third with Rance Mullinks for most of his time with the Jays. Bobby Cox ran platoons at third,...

Happy Birthday Scott Schoeneweis

3

Former Jay lefty reliever, Scott Schoeneweis, turned 37 today.  Scott, you might remember, pitched for us in 2005 and 2006. He was great in 2005, pitching in 80 games (and we think Cito uses Shawn...

Happy Birthday John McDonald

4

Our favorite backup shortstop slash utility player slash good guy John McDonald turns 36 today. Mac has set a career high for home runs with 6 this year. Kind of makes you wonder how many he would...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707