Toronto Blue Jays Birthdays

Happy Birthday Ricky Romero and John Candelaria

Today is the birthday of a pair of good left handed pitchers. John Candelaria turns 57 today. The Candy Man pitched in 600 major league games, finishing with a 177-122 record. 13 of those games and...

Happy Birthday Lloyd Moseby

Lloyd Moseby turns 51 today.  Lloyd played center field for us for 10 seasons. He was part of the great outfield we had in the 80's with George Bell in left and Jesse Barfield in right. He was our...

Happy Birthday Paul Quantrill

The only Canadian on our list of Top 50 Blue Jays turns 42 today. He spent 6 seasons with the Jays and pitched in 386 games. His best season with the Jays was 1997 when he had a 1.94 ERA in 77...

Happy Birthday Jose Bautista

Everyone's favorite home run champion turns 30 today.  And not only can he hit 54 home runs in a season, he can grow a beard overnight.  Really there isn't anything I can say about him that...

Happy Birthday Garth Iorg

Garth Iorg turns 56 today. He played with the Jays from 1978 to 1987. Garth was part of a platoon at third with Rance Mullinks for most of his time with the Jays. Bobby Cox ran platoons at third,...

Happy Birthday Scott Schoeneweis

Former Jay lefty reliever, Scott Schoeneweis, turned 37 today.  Scott, you might remember, pitched for us in 2005 and 2006. He was great in 2005, pitching in 80 games (and we think Cito uses Shawn...

Happy Birthday John McDonald

Our favorite backup shortstop slash utility player slash good guy John McDonald turns 36 today. Mac has set a career high for home runs with 6 this year. Kind of makes you wonder how many he would...

Happy Birthday Russ Adams and Scott Richmond

Scott Richmond turns 31 today. Richmond is a favorite of mine, the cross between the story of how he came to the Jays, pitching in the majors within a year of pitching for the Edmonton Cracker-Cats...

A New Member to the Bluebird Banter World.

Saturday morning a new little Blue Jay fan came into to the world and Hugo's family grew by one. A boy. Sebastian Hugo Ugo Fruchter. Baby is perfect. Mom is doing good. And Hugo is thrilled....

Happy Birthday Scott Rolen

A favorite former Jay for a lot of us, Scott Rolen turns 35 today. Scott's had a pretty terrific 14 season MLB career. He's hit .284/.370/.498 with 283 home runs, 19 of which he hit in his season...

Yahoo-baseball
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250