Toronto Blue Jays History

Trading for J.A. Happ: A Retrospective

45

It was just over 13 months ago that the Blue Jays and Astros completed a 10-player trade that brought J.A. Happ, Brandon Lyon, and David Carpenter to Toronto. With the two clubs having just...

Today in Blue Jay History

6

One year ago, Rajai Davis made a home run saving catch.

Today in Blue Jay History

1

One year ago, Rajai Davis made a home run saving catch.

18 years ago today: Paul Menhart loses one-hitter

4

Bluebird Banter tells the story behind Paul Menhart's one-hitter loss back on August 2, 1995.

Seasons without deadline deals

6

This year, Blue Jays did not make any trades in advance of the non-waiver trade deadline of July 31. Since the establishment of July 31 as the trade deadline in the 1986 Major League Baseball Basic...

Today in Blue Jays history: Shea Hillenbrand

6

It was 7 years ago today that the Jays traded Shea Hillenbrand, soon after he wrote the 'ship is sinking' on the clubhouse bulletin board.

Carlos Delgado by the numbers

7

A look at where Carlos Delgado ranks among Blue Jays hitters.

The Blue Jays first 11 game win streak

4

The Blue Jays have had three 11 game streaks in their history, one that just happen. Here is a look at their first one, back in June 1987.

Was Jesse Barfield One of the Best OF Ever?

16

With Topps Archive sets coming, we take a look back at a potentially underrated Blue Jay from the '80s.

Blue Jays headlines of the past: May 21

+

The Toronto Star's Pages of the Past archive provides a nice glimpse into the news headlines of the past. Here are a selection of Blue Jays-related headlines from some of the 37 May 21st's in...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707