Toronto Blue Jays History

The Return of Former Blue Jays Managers

It's not like you weren't aware already, but tonight marks the return to Toronto of former Blue Jays manager John Farrell, now wearing the colours of the Boston Red Sox. Until today, the Blue Jays...

Melky Gives Jays Much-Needed Change In Left Field

After three mediocre seasons offensively at the position, the Blue Jays needed to switch things up in left field.

Today in Blue Jay History: Jays Sign Kevin Millar

My mom said if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all. My mom wasn't a blogger. We signed Kevin Millar on February 11, 2009, here is Hugo's post on the signing. Forgive him for...

2013 Blue Jays Attendance Expectations

The franchise has shelled out a lot more money. Will the fans respond in kind?

Today in Blue Jay History: Jays Sign Jose Canseco

On this day, in 1998, the Jays signed free agent Jose Canseco to a one-year contract that ended up earning him $2,125,000, much of that earned incentives. He had a pretty good season for us, he...

Today in Bluebird Banter History

A look back at what Bluebird Banter was talking about on January 24th in the past.

Today In Blue Jay History: Vernon Wells Traded

It was hard to believe at the time, but Alex Anthopoulos was able to trade the untradable contract. Thank you Angels.

Gibbons' Bullpen Management

Looking for trends in John Gibbons' previous bullpen management.

Today in Blue Jays History: Mike Sirotka Trade

Not one of the better trades in Blue Jay history, Gord Ash trades David Wells for a broken Mike Sirotka.

Today in Blue Jay History: Glaus Traded for Rolen

Five years ago the Jays trade Troy Glaus to the Cardinal for Scott Rolen.

Yahoo-baseball.v988856f
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707