Toronto Blue Jays History

Romero and Happ in Blue Jays' history book

10

Over the past two games at Tropicana Field, both Blue Jays starters have had very short starts: J.A. Happ was forced to leave the game on Tuesday after pitching 1.1 innings because he was injured...

The Return of Former Blue Jays Managers

4

It's not like you weren't aware already, but tonight marks the return to Toronto of former Blue Jays manager John Farrell, now wearing the colours of the Boston Red Sox. Until today, the Blue Jays...

Melky Gives Jays Much-Needed Change In Left Field

14

After three mediocre seasons offensively at the position, the Blue Jays needed to switch things up in left field.

Today in Blue Jay History: Jays Sign Kevin Millar

6

My mom said if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all. My mom wasn't a blogger. We signed Kevin Millar on February 11, 2009, here is Hugo's post on the signing. Forgive him for...

2013 Blue Jays Attendance Expectations

13

The franchise has shelled out a lot more money. Will the fans respond in kind?

Today in Blue Jay History: Jays Sign Jose Canseco

19

On this day, in 1998, the Jays signed free agent Jose Canseco to a one-year contract that ended up earning him $2,125,000, much of that earned incentives. He had a pretty good season for us, he...

Today in Bluebird Banter History

18

A look back at what Bluebird Banter was talking about on January 24th in the past.

Today In Blue Jay History: Vernon Wells Traded

42

It was hard to believe at the time, but Alex Anthopoulos was able to trade the untradable contract. Thank you Angels.

Gibbons' Bullpen Management

38

Looking for trends in John Gibbons' previous bullpen management.

Today in Blue Jays History: Mike Sirotka Trade

56

Not one of the better trades in Blue Jay history, Gord Ash trades David Wells for a broken Mike Sirotka.

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707