Down on the Farm

Aspiring Jays: Marcus Stroman and Sean Nolin

This week in Aspiring Jays: two talented hurlers who pitch for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. Can you guess their names? Of course, they are Sean Nolin and Marcus Stroman.

UPDATED: Buffalo wins 3-2 in Reyes's rehab debut

The Buffalo Bisons' lineup featured two new names at the top of the order: leading off was shortstop Jose Reyes and batting behind him was centre fielder Kevin Pillar. They were debuting for...

Aspiring Jays: A.J. Jimenez & Bluefield opener

In this week's edition of Aspiring Jays, we divide our attention between catching prospect A.J. Jimenez, the Bluefield Blue Jays, and some other assorted notes.

The MLB Draft: On Drafting High School Lefties

Tomorrow is draft day, and I'm really looking forward to it. To pass the time, I thought I'd do some research on the success rates on drafting pitchers.

5 Dunedin Blue Jays named FSL All-Stars

Five Dunedin Blue Jays were named to the Florida State League (A-Advanced) North Division All-Star Team today. The annual FSL All-Star Game will be held at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium, home of...

Has Neil Wagner found "it"?

I had an opportunity to speak with former Buffalo Bisons closer Neil Wagner this Sunday before the Bisons game, and that interview could not have been better timed.

Ricky Romero melts down versus Bulls

Ricky Romero started for the Buffalo Bisons today against the Durham Bulls and stunk it up again. He threw 32 pitches, only 13 were for strikes. Most importantly, only one swinging strike was...

Aspiring Jays: The MLB Draft

This week in Aspiring Jays, we look at the process that determines which young players will become the newest Blue Jays prospects. This year's draft will be held between June 6th and June 8th, less than two weeks from now.

Batista released, Sanchez placed on DL

Over the past few days, there have been several minor league transactions of note in the Blue Jays franchise: 42-year old Miguel Batista's second stint in the Jays organization is now over. He...

Aspiring Jays: Christian Lopes and Ryan Schimpf

In this week's Aspiring Jays, we'll discuss two very different infield prospects: Christian Lopes and Ryan Schimpf. One is an older draftee from the Ricciardi-era, the other was drafted as recently as 2011 and has only made low-A ball. They also have

Yahoo-baseball.v988856f
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707