Fanshots

Position Statement for Tommy John surgeries among Baseball Pitchers

+

The American Sports Medicine Institute's (ASMI) official statement regarding the recent "cluster" of Tommy John surgeries (via MLB Trade Rumors). Contains nine recommendations for the baseball playing youth (among them: to specialize on becoming a pitcher only in later stages)

"Easy" introduction to using sabermetrics for analysis

+

An SB Nation stats page explains stats page stuff to stats page newbies.

The Blue Jays are so hot right now.

+
Kkcznza

The AL East feels like it's taking crazy pills.

Expos day 2014 July 12 in NYC

1

you guys want to have a foe you actually like

JPA Ripped by Buehrle!

4

"I’m the first guy to not make excuses," said Mark Buehrle, "but last year was tough. It was an adjustment. A lot of new faces. A new country. I really missed my dog. There was the World Baseball Classic, injuries, and, God love him, but we trotted out one of the worst everyday catchers in the modern era.

The Mathis Trade, 18 Months Later

+

Posted on May 13th at MLB Daily Dish - it's interesting!

Q&A with Sal Butera on Blue Jays video challenges (Tor.Star)

+

In an interview with Brendan Kennedy, Sal Butera explains how the review system actually works behind the scenes. Quote from article: Certain angles sometimes you get blocked. We had a play in Toronto where Ryan Goins had slid in (Goins was called out on a pickoff and slow-motion replays seemed to show he was safe, but the Jays never challenged). I never had the angle that eventually they ruled it on.

Goodnight! *Mwa*

2
Jqq25i

Bautista goes to sleep, blows a kiss and waves good night to his "fans" at Citizens Bank Park

Dalton Pompey getting his Gold Glove

20

Dalton Pompey Gold Glove presentation at Dunedin. Dalton is having a good start to his Dunedin season, hitting .353/.421/.435 in his first 21 games.