Fanshots

Those quirky left-handers

Baseball America article on Daniel Norris' odyssey towards spring training.

OT: Writer for TFC's SB Nation site on MasterChef Canada

Totally non-baseball related: One of the folks writing for the SBNation site for the Toronto FC, Waking the Red, is a participant in the first season of MasterChef Canada. The season started yesterday evening, and John Leung from Calgary made it to the next round. Good luck!

Richard Griffin discusses the upcoming Tanaka decision

I wanted to share this link, but there were a few points I wanted to highlight.. Griffin discusses the deadline looming for Tanaka to make his final decision and adds, "the Blue Jays are not among the teams in consideration." Also, he ends the article stating of the Blue Jays, " the club appears quietly confident it can land one from that next group" - meaning the next tier of pitchers stuck in a signing logjam.

Vernon Wells is designated by the Yankees

Is this the end for a player who will always hold a place in the hearts of Jays fans? Thank you for the memories, Vernon. At your best, running down those fly balls in center, you almost looked lazy doing it. I'll always remember that smile, too.

Hall of Fame re: Blue Jays

In short, they realize they need more Blue Jays items, but need the team to get better first. Still, nice they replied to a young fan.

MLB.com "Toronto catchers to benefit from Ohka's knuckler"

Alex Anthopoulos hopes Tomo Ohka can resurrect his career in Toronto, and says he believes adding the pitcher was a low-risk move

AA Exploring a Three-Team Deal

AA Exploring a Three-Team Deal

Ellsbury to Yankees

Deal is 7 years for $153 mill pending physical. Yikes.

The After-Dickey Effect

Fascinating research on how big an effect Toronto saw in 2013 from batters re-adjusting to other types of pitchers after seeing Dickey.

+

Fanshots on the Go

Drag this button to your browser bar to start sharing Fanshots