Fanshots

Congratulations Pikachu, I'm sure you will do us proud.

3

PIKAAAA RT @Polygon: Pikachu is Japan's official mascot for the FIFA 2014 World Cup Brazil http://t.co/tj7eLEJ8ks

— SB Nation (@SBNation) March 16, 2014 https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/445018064867065856

Blue Jays Facebook Image

1
Ncactyj

Hey guys, I designed this a while back, feel free to take it, and use it for your FB profile. Cheers! Full Res: http://imgur.com/NCACTYJ

Boras And the Jays

+

Did you know that one of the first ever teams he dealt with was the Jays and his first client was Bill Caudill? I didn't. This goes to explain a lot about the frosty relations between the Jays and Boras (and I don't blame the Jays much for that.)

Blue Jays sign Outfielder Ryan Scoma

3

The contract of Winnipeg Goldeyes outfielder/infielder Ryan Scoma has been purchased by the Toronto Blue Jays. He will report to minor league spring training with Toronto next month. Scoma, 26, finished third in the American Association last season with a .341 batting average. In 81 games, he also hit four home runs, drove in 46 runs and posted a .443 on-base percentage, good for second in the league.

Blue Jays purchase contract of Goldeyes OF/IF Scoma

Those quirky left-handers

+

Baseball America article on Daniel Norris' odyssey towards spring training.

OT: Writer for TFC's SB Nation site on MasterChef Canada

+

Totally non-baseball related: One of the folks writing for the SBNation site for the Toronto FC, Waking the Red, is a participant in the first season of MasterChef Canada. The season started yesterday evening, and John Leung from Calgary made it to the next round. Good luck!

Richard Griffin discusses the upcoming Tanaka decision

+

I wanted to share this link, but there were a few points I wanted to highlight.. Griffin discusses the deadline looming for Tanaka to make his final decision and adds, "the Blue Jays are not among the teams in consideration." Also, he ends the article stating of the Blue Jays, " the club appears quietly confident it can land one from that next group" - meaning the next tier of pitchers stuck in a signing logjam.

Vernon Wells is designated by the Yankees

+

Is this the end for a player who will always hold a place in the hearts of Jays fans? Thank you for the memories, Vernon. At your best, running down those fly balls in center, you almost looked lazy doing it. I'll always remember that smile, too.