Fanshots

Hall of Fame re: Blue Jays

+

In short, they realize they need more Blue Jays items, but need the team to get better first. Still, nice they replied to a young fan.

MLB.com "Toronto catchers to benefit from Ohka's knuckler"

+

Alex Anthopoulos hopes Tomo Ohka can resurrect his career in Toronto, and says he believes adding the pitcher was a low-risk move

AA Exploring a Three-Team Deal

+

AA Exploring a Three-Team Deal

Ellsbury to Yankees

+

Deal is 7 years for $153 mill pending physical. Yikes.

The After-Dickey Effect

+

Fascinating research on how big an effect Toronto saw in 2013 from batters re-adjusting to other types of pitchers after seeing Dickey.

The R.A. Dickey Effect – 2013 Edition | Community – FanGraphs Baseball

+

Fangraphs looks at the effect R.A. Dickey's knuckleball has on the pitchers that follow him.

QuoteShot

+

#Bluejays roster machinations ahead of Rule 5 roster deadline! #Jays add Deck McGuire to the 40-man roster, that's it.

— Mike Wilner (@Wilnerness590) November 20, 2013 Mike Wilner

There goes that hope

171

Sources: Free-agent catcher Carlos Ruiz re-signing with #Phillies.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 18, 2013 Ken Rosenthal Tweet

Matt Wieters Available

+

Just read on ESPN that Baltimore is willing to deal there 27 year old catcher Matt Wieters. Wieters hit a .235/.287/.417 slash with 22 home runs and 79 RBI. This could be an interesting trade for AA to pursue. What are every bodies thoughts on this?