Fanshots

Soon to be Blue Jays Spring Training home?

815670796

A twitpic from Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) showing the potential Spring Training home for the Blue Jays and Astros at Palm Beach Gardens

MLB Trade Rumors looks at the Jays' off-season

"The Jays are hoping that their big moves from the 2012-13 offseason will start paying dividends and that they are indeed just a second baseman, catcher and couple of arms away from finally getting back to the postseason."

David Price available?

We got anything the Rays might need?

Dalton Pompey wins a Minor League Gold Glove

Center fielder Dalton Pompey is the second Canadian to win a Minor League Gold Glove award this year and the youngest of the award winners, having been drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 16th round of the 2010 draft out of John Fraser Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario (just outside of Toronto). With the Lansing Lugnuts in 2013, Pompey had a very solid season, hitting .261/.358/.394 and stealing 38 bases as a 20 year old. Playing center field for the Lugnuts, Pompey did not make an error and had eight outfield assists in over 230 total chances.

Grading on a curve.

Let there be great rejoicing.

Bud Selig will today announce formally he's retiring, effective in January 2015.

Jon Heyman Tweet

Congratulations Dirk

Meanwhile, former big leaguer Dirk Hayhurst, now a best-selling author and analyst for the Blue Jays, will also provide insight and commentary from the TBS studio throughout the postseason.

theScore

Baseball Prospectus on Matt Smoral

The 6'8" Smoral is one of the most intriguing and favorite arms I saw all season. His fastball sits easily in the 91-94 range while hitting 95 at times. While that is very solid coming from the left side, it's his slider that sucks me in. It's already a plus pitch sitting at 82-85 with tilt and a sharp bite that is effective to both righties and lefties alike. When he's commanding the fastball the slider is a devastating swing-and-miss pitch that he can throw in any count.

Monday Morning Ten Pack

The Arencibia Line (.250 OBP or less)

Hilarious tweet today from Dirk Hayhurst. lol

Want something positive about JP?

Best3

Check out the 3rd best 'frame of the week" And the line under it: "I wrote in July that Arencibia had reinvented himself as a receiver, and by the end of August, he had worked his way into the top 20 framers. Here's a good example of his refined receiving technique"

Blue Jays analyst Gregg Zaun says J.P. Arencibia shouldn’t be starting catcher next year | Toronto Star

In a telephone interview, Zaun said he believes that if the Blue Jays don’t upgrade for next season, it’s sending the wrong message to Toronto’s baseball fans.

+

Fanshots on the Go

Drag this button to your browser bar to start sharing Fanshots