Full title: What I learned from working the graveyard shift at the Rogers Centre

Author: Ryan Kohls

from last month's issue of Toronto Life magazine

An interesting "report" about working at the Rogers Centre when the spectacle of baseball is over. One of the "unseen" areas of our beloved sport.

This is fun: Lansing Lugnuts announcer Jesse Goldberg-Strassler plays homage to the old days

+

Jesse Goldberg-Strassler shows how, in the past, minor league announcers called games that they didn't see. He calls one game year like this, paying homage to his predecessors.

Darkness does not leave us easily as we would hope." ― Margaret Stohl

+

Maybe there IS light at the end of this tunnel - Drabek follows Hutchinson's fine start with Dunedin with one of his own

http://jaysjournal.com/2013/07/28/romeros-down-drabeks-up-july-27-minor-league-report/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending

David Ortiz kills a phone

3

And folks complain about Bautista's temper.

Watching Like a Girl: How mainstream sports reporting gets female fandom wrong

2

Interesting article from The Walrus by Stacey May Fowles. Discusses the female Blue Jays fandom experience and some recent stereotyped portrayals of female baseball/sports fan.

The New and Improved Blue Jays: What Went Wrong?

+

Not that we haven't covered this topic ad nauseum by now, but it's worth a read. I find Grantland puts out decent articles...

PR guy from defunct team issues midterm grades

+

Find your favorite one and explain why. I like the B for Josh Thole, because I'm pretty sure I'd get an A+++ on any curve Dr. Griffen is using.

Jays Release Blanco

+

Too bad he wasn't able to do any of the things we hoped he would.

News on Cooper

2

Well, now we know more about that mysterious injury that David Cooper suffered from. The little information we had suggested that it was very bad and likely career ending, but things are looking a little more sunny now. At the very least, David Cooper will be able to enjoy a normal life, which is huge.