Fanshots

2012 Jays season in a nutshell. Credit goes to this place.

1
A2odf0mcmaedsgc

2012 Jays season in a nutshell. Credit goes to this place.

John Farrell has managed 260 games with the Blue Jays and has a record of 130-130. On Thursday, his...

13
Blue_jays_under_john_farrell

John Farrell has managed 260 games with the Blue Jays and has a record of 130-130. On Thursday, his club reached the .500 mark for the 49th time since he started off 0-0. (Tom didn't tell me he was putting up a .500 post. He could've used this!)

Tom Dakers, operating the @BluebirdBanter account on Twitter, was quoted in the Metro (Toronto...

7
2w7jrl1

Tom Dakers, operating the @BluebirdBanter account on Twitter, was quoted in the Metro (Toronto edition) today.

Shawn Green and Carlos Delgado combined to hit 676 H, 160 2B, 159 HR, 472 RBI in 1999 and 2000.

15
Aplrqejceaamlxg

Shawn Green and Carlos Delgado combined to hit 676 H, 160 2B, 159 HR, 472 RBI in 1999 and 2000.

Who's On Third? Minor League Guy, who apparently wasn't important enough to have a real name, was...

10
2012-march-24-17-17-5
Who's On Third? Minor League Guy, who apparently wasn't important enough to have a real name, was on third, of course. Courtesy: SB Nation Article

Pictures of the Romero, Escobar, and Morrow in bobblehead form. Collect 'em all, kids!

19
Xycu0

Pictures of the Romero, Escobar, and Morrow in bobblehead form. Collect 'em all, kids!

The boys over at Beyond the Box Score take a look at a teams need for an innings-eating pitcher to...

4
200-ip-pitchers

The boys over at Beyond the Box Score take a look at a teams need for an innings-eating pitcher to be successful. I thought this would be interesting as the Jays only had one in 2011, though that number could increase this year. Note: This is my 8th Fanshot so plz be nice!

Does having a top-rated farm system help keep the Jays within arms reach of contention for years to...

+
Jays-window

Does having a top-rated farm system help keep the Jays within arms reach of contention for years to come? See full post on Beyond the Box Score

I always thought the Blue Jay was an oddly weak choice of an animal for a team mascot - versus the...

22
Slings_and_arrows

I always thought the Blue Jay was an oddly weak choice of an animal for a team mascot - versus the more typically powerful animals like bears, large cats or even eagles. Mind you I always had benignly good feelings towards blue jays, who were colourful and welcome birds in our garden growing up in Ottawa. So I was interested in reading the article below to find out that blue jays are more aggressive and wilier animals than I'd realized, and also ones that have been surprisingly maligned. After 25 years as a Jays fan, this gives me much more respect for their choice as the team mascot. http://www.audubonmagazine.org/articles/birds/slings-and-arrows-why-birders-love-hate-blue-jays

Michael Crouse and Marcus Knecht. I think the one on the far right is Jake Marisnick, not sure.

3
433226878

Michael Crouse and Marcus Knecht. I think the one on the far right is Jake Marisnick, not sure.