Fanshots

Q&A with Sal Butera on Blue Jays video challenges (Tor.Star)

+

In an interview with Brendan Kennedy, Sal Butera explains how the review system actually works behind the scenes. Quote from article: Certain angles sometimes you get blocked. We had a play in Toronto where Ryan Goins had slid in (Goins was called out on a pickoff and slow-motion replays seemed to show he was safe, but the Jays never challenged). I never had the angle that eventually they ruled it on.

Lincoln

1

Kratz Free. or at least Phili didn't get anything for him & Rasmus-sen. You're going to drive me to drink'en. if you keep starting that.. gal ..darn... Lincon

Does Rivera send too many guys into outs at home?

+

I've been hearing this complaint a lot lately. But look at this! The Jays scored the ninth most runs in baseball in 2013 but ranked tied for 24th (out of 30) in runners out at home plate. And that's with Moises Sierra and Brett Lawrie on the team!

I was wondering how Josh was doing

+

since we were divided on whether to try him another year

Boras And the Jays

+

Did you know that one of the first ever teams he dealt with was the Jays and his first client was Bill Caudill? I didn't. This goes to explain a lot about the frosty relations between the Jays and Boras (and I don't blame the Jays much for that.)

Those quirky left-handers

+

Baseball America article on Daniel Norris' odyssey towards spring training.

OT: Writer for TFC's SB Nation site on MasterChef Canada

+

Totally non-baseball related: One of the folks writing for the SBNation site for the Toronto FC, Waking the Red, is a participant in the first season of MasterChef Canada. The season started yesterday evening, and John Leung from Calgary made it to the next round. Good luck!

Richard Griffin discusses the upcoming Tanaka decision

+

I wanted to share this link, but there were a few points I wanted to highlight.. Griffin discusses the deadline looming for Tanaka to make his final decision and adds, "the Blue Jays are not among the teams in consideration." Also, he ends the article stating of the Blue Jays, " the club appears quietly confident it can land one from that next group" - meaning the next tier of pitchers stuck in a signing logjam.