Fanshots

NY Times - Ball? Strike? It Depends: Is the Pitcher an All-Star?

+

Two researchers looked at the photographic evidence and found that umpires make more errors in favor of All-Star pitchers than pitchers who have never been selected for an All-Star Game — about 17 percent more.

Baseball America Midseason Top 50

+

Daniel Norris (#25) and Dalton Pompey (#47) make the cut. No Aaron Sanchez.

Tony Gwynn was a genuinely good guy. RIP.

+

This is definitely the best tribute I've come across about Tony Gwynn. A truly great read for baseball fans and non-baseball fans alike. It has been making the rounds on the net and if you haven't read it, it is definitely worth your time.

Schoenfield: One great team this year

+

Hint: it's one we swept a couple weeks ago.

Position Statement for Tommy John surgeries among Baseball Pitchers

+

The American Sports Medicine Institute's (ASMI) official statement regarding the recent "cluster" of Tommy John surgeries (via MLB Trade Rumors). Contains nine recommendations for the baseball playing youth (among them: to specialize on becoming a pitcher only in later stages)

"Easy" introduction to using sabermetrics for analysis

+

An SB Nation stats page explains stats page stuff to stats page newbies.

Expos day 2014 July 12 in NYC

1

you guys want to have a foe you actually like

The Mathis Trade, 18 Months Later

+

Posted on May 13th at MLB Daily Dish - it's interesting!

Q&A with Sal Butera on Blue Jays video challenges (Tor.Star)

+

In an interview with Brendan Kennedy, Sal Butera explains how the review system actually works behind the scenes. Quote from article: Certain angles sometimes you get blocked. We had a play in Toronto where Ryan Goins had slid in (Goins was called out on a pickoff and slow-motion replays seemed to show he was safe, but the Jays never challenged). I never had the angle that eventually they ruled it on.

+

Fanshots on the Go

Drag this button to your browser bar to start sharing Fanshots