Fanshots

QuoteShot

+

#Bluejays roster machinations ahead of Rule 5 roster deadline! #Jays add Deck McGuire to the 40-man roster, that's it.

— Mike Wilner (@Wilnerness590) November 20, 2013 Mike Wilner

There goes that hope

171

Sources: Free-agent catcher Carlos Ruiz re-signing with #Phillies.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 18, 2013 Ken Rosenthal Tweet

Dalton Pompey wins a Minor League Gold Glove

+

Center fielder Dalton Pompey is the second Canadian to win a Minor League Gold Glove award this year and the youngest of the award winners, having been drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 16th round of the 2010 draft out of John Fraser Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario (just outside of Toronto). With the Lansing Lugnuts in 2013, Pompey had a very solid season, hitting .261/.358/.394 and stealing 38 bases as a 20 year old. Playing center field for the Lugnuts, Pompey did not make an error and had eight outfield assists in over 230 total chances.

Grading on a curve.

Let there be great rejoicing.

15

Bud Selig will today announce formally he's retiring, effective in January 2015.

Jon Heyman Tweet

Congratulations Dirk

+

Meanwhile, former big leaguer Dirk Hayhurst, now a best-selling author and analyst for the Blue Jays, will also provide insight and commentary from the TBS studio throughout the postseason.

theScore

Baseball Prospectus on Matt Smoral

12

The 6'8" Smoral is one of the most intriguing and favorite arms I saw all season. His fastball sits easily in the 91-94 range while hitting 95 at times. While that is very solid coming from the left side, it's his slider that sucks me in. It's already a plus pitch sitting at 82-85 with tilt and a sharp bite that is effective to both righties and lefties alike. When he's commanding the fastball the slider is a devastating swing-and-miss pitch that he can throw in any count.

Monday Morning Ten Pack

Darkness does not leave us easily as we would hope." ― Margaret Stohl

+

Maybe there IS light at the end of this tunnel - Drabek follows Hutchinson's fine start with Dunedin with one of his own

http://jaysjournal.com/2013/07/28/romeros-down-drabeks-up-july-27-minor-league-report/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending

#Marlins claim RHP Sam Dyson off waivers from TOR. Kevin Mattison designated for assignment.

31

#Marlins claim RHP Sam Dyson off waivers from TOR. Kevin Mattison designated for assignment.

Joe Capozzi Tweet

@MetisSports client, Claudio Vargas, RHP, has come to terms with the #BlueJays on a minor league...

+

@MetisSports client, Claudio Vargas, RHP, has come to terms with the #BlueJays on a minor league deal with invite to ML spring training.

Metis Sports Thwip

New known candidates include Tim Wallach and reportedly Matt Williams, with finalists from last...

9

New known candidates include Tim Wallach and reportedly Matt Williams, with finalists from last time Sandy Alomar Jr., DeMarlo Hale and Brian Butterfield, despite his move to join the Boston Red Sox as third base coach, also under consideration.

Shi Davidi Maybe I should have included Butterfield in our poll afterall, though I have a hard time believing he would sign with the Red Sox and then come back to the Blue Jays a couple of weeks later.