Fanshots

@MetisSports client, Claudio Vargas, RHP, has come to terms with the #BlueJays on a minor league...

@MetisSports client, Claudio Vargas, RHP, has come to terms with the #BlueJays on a minor league deal with invite to ML spring training.

Metis Sports Thwip

New known candidates include Tim Wallach and reportedly Matt Williams, with finalists from last...

New known candidates include Tim Wallach and reportedly Matt Williams, with finalists from last time Sandy Alomar Jr., DeMarlo Hale and Brian Butterfield, despite his move to join the Boston Red Sox as third base coach, also under consideration.

Shi Davidi Maybe I should have included Butterfield in our poll afterall, though I have a hard time believing he would sign with the Red Sox and then come back to the Blue Jays a couple of weeks later.

First, if the Jays insisted on keeping Farrell and refused to let him go this time, they would have...

First, if the Jays insisted on keeping Farrell and refused to let him go this time, they would have likely had to offer him a multi-year extension. He has not earned a multi-year extension and the feeling would have been that the new contract had been forced on them.

As much as I hate to do it, I agree with Richard Griffin on this one. If the Jays wanted to keep him they needed to extend him and, likely, they just weren't ready to do that.

One non-Tiger note from today's Tiger column: Blue Jays had nine different scouts watching Edwin...

One non-Tiger note from today's Tiger column: Blue Jays had nine different scouts watching Edwin Jackson's final 3 starts this year.

DKnobler Thwip

20 Years Ago Today in Blue Jay History:The Toronto Blue Jays become the first Canadian baseball...

20 Years Ago Today in Blue Jay History:The Toronto Blue Jays become the first Canadian baseball team to reach the World Series with a 9 - 2 victory over the Oakland Athletics in Game Six of the American League Championship Series. Joe Carter and Candy Maldonado hit home runs for Toronto.

Baseball Reference

Travis d’Arnaud, Toronto Blue Jays: The Rangers scouts love this top catching prospect the Blue...

Travis d’Arnaud, Toronto Blue Jays: The Rangers scouts love this top catching prospect the Blue Jays acquired in the Roy Halladay deal a few years ago. Toronto probably is more interested in dealing J.P. Arencibia, who might make some sense in a lesser deal if Texas can’t re-sign Napoli.

Jim Bowden. Subscription required. If we could get a starting pitcher?

Farrell: Yet to be finalized, but nothing right now to suggest that changes will be made to the...

Farrell: Yet to be finalized, but nothing right now to suggest that changes will be made to the coaching staff.

Mike Wilner Thwip.

There has been rumored friction between Farrell and general manager Alex Anthopoulous, something...

There has been rumored friction between Farrell and general manager Alex Anthopoulous, something Farrell denied to reporters on Monday. Duquette, however, said there is a "disconnect" between the Toronto manager and the GM. Farrell served as Boston's pitching coach from 2006-2010.

WEEI So the former Met's GM knows what goes on in the Jays front office.

JF says speculation of rift with AA "unfounded" and statement of such from person with no ties to...

JF says speculation of rift with AA "unfounded" and statement of such from person with no ties to situation "irresponsible." I'd agree.

Shi Davidi Thwip. I can't see there would be a problem between them.

Today in Blue Jay History: 1998: In the Blue Jays' 2 - 1 victory over the Tigers, Detroit...

Today in Blue Jay History: 1998: In the Blue Jays' 2 - 1 victory over the Tigers, Detroit pinch-hitter Bobby Higginson homers with two outs off Blue Jay Roy Halladay to spoil the rookie's bid for a no-hitter. Halladay comes within one out of allowing no hits in only his second major league start.

Baseball Reference. Was it really 14 years ago
+

Fanshots on the Go

Drag this button to your browser bar to start sharing Fanshots