Fanshots

JF says speculation of rift with AA "unfounded" and statement of such from person with no ties to...

1

JF says speculation of rift with AA "unfounded" and statement of such from person with no ties to situation "irresponsible." I'd agree.

Shi Davidi Thwip. I can't see there would be a problem between them.

Today in Blue Jay History: 1998: In the Blue Jays' 2 - 1 victory over the Tigers, Detroit...

3

Today in Blue Jay History: 1998: In the Blue Jays' 2 - 1 victory over the Tigers, Detroit pinch-hitter Bobby Higginson homers with two outs off Blue Jay Roy Halladay to spoil the rookie's bid for a no-hitter. Halladay comes within one out of allowing no hits in only his second major league start.

Baseball Reference. Was it really 14 years ago

#Brewers have acquired C Yorvit Torrealba @Yorvit08 (59g .233 4hr 14rbi) from Toronto for cash. He...

+

#Brewers have acquired C Yorvit Torrealba @Yorvit08 (59g .233 4hr 14rbi) from Toronto for cash. He will be in uniform tomorrow wearing #3.

Brewer's official twitter. I enjoyed watching Yorvit play, but can't stand in the way of him getting in a pennant race.

Not only will the Blue Jays no longer permit Yunel Escobar to write messages on his eye-black, it...

13

Not only will the Blue Jays no longer permit Yunel Escobar to write messages on his eye-black, it appears the black patches will soon be considered equipment and fall under Major League Baseball rules preventing any markings whatsoever, said GM Alex Anthopoulos.

Shi Davidi

Farrell expects to meet Fri w Escobar before SS returns from ban. Says not first time they've met...

2

Farrell expects to meet Fri w Escobar before SS returns from ban. Says not first time they've met to talk. Other times for "baseball things"

Shi Davidi Thwip. I'm not surprised a SS and his manager would talk about 'baseball things'. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for this talk.

Lineup: Davis 9 Rasmus 8 Lawrie 5 Lind dh Arencibia 2 Johnson 4 Gomes 3 Hechavarria 6 Gose 7 Romero

+

Lineup: Davis 9 Rasmus 8 Lawrie 5 Lind dh Arencibia 2 Johnson 4 Gomes 3 Hechavarria 6 Gose 7 Romero

Tonight's lineup

Jays-Yankees game ppd. Doubleheader tomorrow 1:05.

8

Jays-Yankees game ppd. Doubleheader tomorrow 1:05.

John Lott Thwip.

Mets and @LasVegas51s agree to a two-year player development contract.

27

Mets and @LasVegas51s agree to a two-year player development contract.

Mets Official Twitter. Guess what that means?

On this day in Blue Jay History: The Orioles forfeit to the Blue Jays when manager Earl Weaver...

2

On this day in Blue Jay History: The Orioles forfeit to the Blue Jays when manager Earl Weaver pulls his team off the field in the 5th inning citing a hazardous condition - a small tarpaulin held down by bricks on the bullpen mound. The Jays are ahead 4 - 0 when the forfeit is called. The O's will end the season tied with the Red Sox at 97-64.

Baseball Reference. Earl Weaver was brilliant but also nuts.

Lineup: Davis 7 Lawrie 5 Encaranacion dh Lind 3 Escobar 6 Johnson 4 Torrealba 2 Sierra 9 Gose 8...

+

Lineup: Davis 7 Lawrie 5 Encaranacion dh Lind 3 Escobar 6 Johnson 4 Torrealba 2 Sierra 9 Gose 8 Villanueva

Blue Jays Official Thwip.