Toronto Blue Jays News

Brett Cecil back, Anthony Gose optioned

12

Reliever Brett Cecil will return to the Blue Jays roster in time for Friday's afternoon game against the Athletics as it was expected. To make space on the 25-man roster, outfielder Anthony Gose...

Brett Cecil to rejoin the Blue Jays Friday

9

Barry Davis had this: Brett Cecil is en route to Oakland tonight and will rejoin the team for tomorrow's game. #bluejays will need to clear a spot on 25 man — Barry Davis (@SNBarryDavis) July...

Blue Jays sign two international free agents

37

The Blue Jays have signed two international free agents: Juan Meza as a 16 year old pitcher from Venezuela. He's 6'3", 190 pounds. He throws a low 90's fastball. Baseball America has him as the 1...

Edwin Encarnacion plays left field today

59

Words I thought I'd never type again, Edwin Encarnacion is playing left field for the Blue Jays today. That moves Melky Cabrera over to right field and lets Bautista DH and Lind play 1B. I'm not a...

Blue Jays sign their first round draft picks

88

. Right-handed pitchers Jeff Hoffman (the number 9 pick overall) and catcher Max Pentecost (the number 11 pick overall are both sided.

Darin Mastroianni Recalled, Rob Rasmussen Optioned

22

The Blue Jays added another right-handed bat the to the roster this morning with the call-up of outfielder Darin Mastroianni. Going the other way is lefty Rob Rasmussen after a hitless inning...

Brad Glenn up, Kevin Pillar down

75

Update: Apparently Kevin Pillar didn't take to well to being pinch hit for last night, I didn't see it but some folks mentioned he threw his bat and gloves after being taken out. Gibbons on...

Pompey and Norris Selected to Futures Game

49

Two Blue Jays players will represent the organization in Minnesota at the Futures Game on Sunday July 13th at 5pm EST. Switch-hitting center fielder Dalton Pompey of Mississauga and left-handed...

Jose Bautista AL captain for the Home Run Derby

19

MLB.com had this: Jose Bautista of the Blue Jays and Troy Tulowitzki of the Rockies have been named captains for the 20th Gillette Home Run Derby. I'll admit, I can watch the Home Run Derby...

Lawrie to DL, Kratz optioned, Pillar & Gose return

205

Sunday's game between the Blue Jays and Reds saw Brett Lawrie and Jose Bautista leaving the game due to injury. Bautista experienced hamstring tightness and is still day-to-day until MRI results...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707