Toronto Blue Jays News

TUI-A-SO-SO-PO!

A month was almost allowed to pass since the last transaction that affected the 40-man roster, but the Blue Jays cut the static streak by claiming outfielder Matt Tuiasosopo from the Arizona...

Thursday Bantering: Goins, McGowan

So there is this: Not that there was much doubt, but Gibbons says Goins is his starting second baseman. #BlueJays — John Lott (@LottOnBaseball) March 20, 2014 There goes my little dream...

Stroman and Romero Sent to Minor League Camp

Pitchers Marcus Stroman and Ricky Romero were sent to minor league camp this morning ruling them out of the starting rotation competition.

Tuesday Bantering

Sportsnet 590 is going to broadcast 6 Buffalo Bison games this season, The dates are: Tuesday, July 1   7:00 at Syracuse Chiefs Thursday July 10  7:00 vs. Durham Bulls Monday July 17   7:00...

Jenkins, Nolin, and Drabek Optioned To Buffalo

Pitchers Chad Jenkins, Sean Nolin, and Kyle Drabek have all been optioned to AAA Buffalo.

Blue Jays sign Mike McDade to minor league deal

The Blue Jays signed Mike McDade to a minor league contract. He'll likely end up in Buffalo. McDade was our 6th round pick in the 2007 draft and he appeared on more than one of our top prospects...

Alex Speaks

Alex Anthopoulos was on the Jeff Blair show and, as always, Alex managed to talk a lot without saying all that much. What he did say: He said that Ervin Santana decided that it would be in his...

Colby Rasmus back in lineup vs Team Canada

More than a week after suffering a neck injury, Toronto Blue Jays centre fielder Colby Rasmus will be back in their starting lineup in an exhibition game against Canada's Junior National Team Tuesday afternoon in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Injury news: Happ and Rasmus

The Blue Jays have a little bit of injury news. First, J.A. Happ has a sore back and the Jays are shutting him down for a few days. He's not happy about it, he wanted to pitch through it, he...

Jays sign another knuckleball pitcher: Frank Viola

The Blue Jays have signed another knuckleball pitcher, this one the son of a former major league pitcher, both father and son are named Frank Viola. As my son would say some would find that...

Yahoo-baseball
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250