Toronto Blue Jays News

Today in minor aches and pains

We've hit that time in spring training where the minor sorenesses are starting to show up: Brett Lawrie has hamstring tightness and will sit today. He wanted to play but the team is being careful....

Blue Jays have 'decided to stay' in Dunedin

The Palm Beach Post has a story saying that the Blue Jays are no longer looking at moving their spring training home to Palm Beach: And the Toronto Blue Jays are no longer looking for a site in...

First injury of the spring? Brandon Morrow.

The first injury of the spring: Brandon Morrow has a sleeve on his calf. It's "a little tight, no big deal" says John Gibbons. Set to pitch 1-2 inn. Fri. #Bluejays #Jays — Mike Wilner...

Pirates claim Brent Morel off waivers from Jays

There really isn't much more to it than the headline, but the Blue Jays lose Brent Morel to the Pirates off a waiver claim. The Jays designated him for assignment after taking Liam Hendriks from...

Early Spring Training Pitching Schedule Announced

With just about 48 hours until real, actual baseball gets going again the pitchers who will be toeing the rubber in the first week of games has been announced. With a pretty wide open competition...

Blue Jays claim Liam Hendriks off waivers

They do this during the game??? The Blue Jays have claimed right-hander Liam Hendicks off waivers from the Orioles, designating Brent Morel for assignment. pretty much ending the worry that Morel...

Alex Anthopoulos: don't expect any player moves

Alex Anthopoulos talked to the media this morning in Dunedin. I guess we shouldn't expect any additions to the team: "We'd like to do (add a starter) but we're not going to do it at all costs,"...

Melky Cabrera 'in the best shape of his life'

Normally I ignore the 'player X came to camp in great shape stuff' but, in this case, I'm going to take any good news I can get: Gibbons expects Melky Cabrera to be back to normal after surgery...

Dickey will be Jays' opening day starter

For a second straight season, knuckleballer R.A. Dickey will take the hill on opening day for the Toronto Blue Jays, acording to the Blue Jays' official Twitter account.  The game will start at...

Saturday Bantering:

I'm late to it, yesterday was a busy day, but very sorry to hear about the passing of Jim Fregosi. One of the several mistakes of the Gord Ash era was replacing Fregosi with Buck Martinez, as...

Yahoo-baseball
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250