Toronto Blue Jays News

Alex Anthopoulos: don't expect any player moves

Alex Anthopoulos talked to the media this morning in Dunedin. I guess we shouldn't expect any additions to the team: "We'd like to do (add a starter) but we're not going to do it at all costs,"...

Melky Cabrera 'in the best shape of his life'

Normally I ignore the 'player X came to camp in great shape stuff' but, in this case, I'm going to take any good news I can get: Gibbons expects Melky Cabrera to be back to normal after surgery...

Dickey will be Jays' opening day starter

For a second straight season, knuckleballer R.A. Dickey will take the hill on opening day for the Toronto Blue Jays, acording to the Blue Jays' official Twitter account.  The game will start at...

Saturday Bantering:

I'm late to it, yesterday was a busy day, but very sorry to hear about the passing of Jim Fregosi. One of the several mistakes of the Gord Ash era was replacing Fregosi with Buck Martinez, as...

More Blue Jays Spring Games on Sportsnet

Good news, Sportsnet will carry all the Blue Jays spring games on radio and on audio at sportsnet.ca (no word on who replaces Jack Morris as Jerry Howarth's partner in the booth) (I see on...

Jays sign pitcher Hansel Rodriguez

Update: Stupid me, we already knew this, we included it on a post on the Jays signing Ricardo Nanita, two weeks ago. It isn't the big free agent pitcher signing we've been waiting for but the B...

Current turf being refurbished, new turf in 2015

The Toronto Blue Jays are refurbishing the current AstroTurf by replacing the infill layer in order to soften the turf for the 2014 season. A brand-new artificial surface will arrive in 2015, and a natural grass field will be installed for 2018.

Spring training: guest instructors and NRIs

Former Blue Jays players Roberto Alomar, George Bell, Pat Hentgen, and Paul Quantrill will be spring training guest instructors in Dunedin this year.

Jays sign a bunch of international free agents

According to the BlueJays.com transactions page, the Blue Jays have signed seven international free agents from the Dominican Republic to minor league contracts last week. Remember that the Blue...

Jack Morris leaving Sportsnet

It looks like Jack Morris is leaving the Blue Jays radio broadcast team for a similar job with the Twins. Jack Morris moving from color man on #BlueJays radio to back to similar position for #...

Yahoo-baseball
Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250