Toronto Blue Jays News

Blue Jays Draft Catcher Max Pentecost 11th Overall

19

With the 11th overall pick in the 2014 draft, the Blue Jays selected catcher Max Pentecost out of Kennesaw State University.

Blue Jays Draft RHP Jeff Hoffman 9th Overall

35

With the 9th overall pick of the 2014 draft, the Blue Jays selected RHP Jeff Hoffman out of ECU.

Edwin Encarnacion "day-to-day' with a tight back

18

Please get well quick Edwin.

Blue Jays call up Chad Jenkins

36

Chad Jenkins is the one called up, by the Blue Jays, to take the place of Liam Hendriks. Chad, as you know, has been up and down a bunch this is his 4th call up this season. We should have a...

Encarnacion Named Blue Jays Player of the Month

64

First baseman Edwin Encarnacion has taken home Blue Jays Player of the Month honours for his record-breaking May.

Blue Jays Option Liam Hendriks to Buffalo

120

Just as I was about to walk away from the computer and, you know, do something with my Sunday that doesn't include sitting at the computer, the Jays make a roster move. Liam Hendriks is headed...

Korecky placed on optional waivers

4

On Saturday morning, Bluebird Banter received confirmation from a source that reliever Bobby Korecky has indeed been placed on optional waivers and is expected to clear and be returned to the...

Jays recall Marcus Stroman, DFA Bobby Korecky

57

That really isn't fair for Bobby Korecky. They call him up. He pitches, and gets all four batters he faces. And then they DFA him. Not fair at all. Anyway, as we knew before hand, M...

Stroman likely to start for Blue Jays Saturday

11

Marcus Stroman is on his way from Buffalo, to make Saturday's start for the Blue Jays. That's the plan at the moment. I would guess that Bobby Korecky would be going back down to Buffalo but maybe...

Marcus Stroman healthy scratch for Bisons

96

It was supposed to be the perfect start to the weekend: Left Field Brewery had organized a bus trip from Toronto to Buffalo to enjoy the sun, have a few beers, and to watch Marcus Stroman pitch for...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707