Tag: 2011 mlb draft

Change Scope

Filter By

It's Draft Picks Signing Day!

The day of the draft deadline has come, promising many presents for Jays fans in the form of new prospects. But it could also be a day of some disappointments, if the prospects fans wanted go to...

Jays sign 35th overall pick Jacob Anderson

As reported by Kendall Rogers from Perfect Game, the Jays have signed outfielder Jacob Anderson for $990,000. Jacob Anderson was selected by the Blue Jays in the supplemental first round in the MLB...

2011 MLB Draft Day 3: Blue Jay Picks

Today's picks: 31st Round Pick: Austin Nola (brother of Aaron, our 22 round pick), SS, 6', 180, LSU 32nd Round Pick Kevin Pillar, CF, 6', 200, Cal St Dominguez Hills 33rd Round Pick Kramer...

Breaking down the Jays' selections in the MLB Draft 2011

Analysis on which Jays picks will come cheap, and which won't.

2011 MLB Draft: Blue Jays Picks Rounds 6-30

I'm just going to list the ones picked in these rounds in one post as they happen.   6th round pick is Anthony DeSclafani a 6'2" 195 RHP out of Florida. Can hit the low 90's with the fastball. 7...

2011 MLB Draft: Open Thread Part Two

Putting up a new thread for the 6-30 draft choices.

2011 MLB Draft Blue Jays 5th Round Pick LHP Andrew Chin

He's 6'2" 185 lb. can reach 90 with the fastball. Working on curve and change. Has a commitment to Boston College but shouldn't be too hard to sign.

2011 MLB Draft Blue Jays Round 4 Draft: Canadian RHP Thomas Robson

High school pitcher from Delta BC. Thomas Robson is another big guy 6'4", 210 lb, right handed pitcher. Can get to low 90's with the fastball, has a good curve. Hits the strike zone. Nice to pick a...

2011 MLB Draft Blue Jays 3rd Round Pick: RHP John Stilson

6'3" 200lb out of Texas A&M, our first college choice. Fell a bunch because of injury issues. Throws mid-90s or faster at times, has a slider and change. 92 k in 91 innings at A&M this year....

2011 MLB Draft Blue Jay Second Round Pick: RHP Jeremy Gabryszwski

Another big guy, 6'4", 190 out of high school, from Texas. Fastball isn't quite at 90 yet. Also played first base and had some power. has had injury troubles. Likely will fill out and gain speed on...