Tag: 2011 rule 5 draft

Change Scope

Filter By

Rule 5 Draft Preview

Here's a great preview of the Rule 5 draft over at the Pirates' SBNation site, Bucs Dugout. There seem to be a few interesting players available, although the most interesting will probably be picked up before the Jays pick. I think the Jays could be interested in Tyler Cloyd (RHP), T.J. McFarland (LHP), Cesar Cabral (LHP) and possibly others to stash in the bullpen for a year or forever. Personally I'd take a look at Thommy Pham (OF), Gorman Erickson (C) and Ryan Flaherty (2B/3B): they could all be platoon guys. Who would you want to drop to the Jays?

Trades, Free Agents, and Rule 5 Selections in Franchise History

The Blue Jays have made 13 trades so far in 2011, the most in franchise history for any calendar year. How have the annual number of trades and free agent signings changed since 1976?