Tag: 2013 arizona fall league

Change Scope

Filter By

Goodwin Named To AFL's 2013 Top Prospects Team

3

Brian Goodwin was the top-ranked outfielder (3rd overall) on Baseball America's list of the Washington Nationals' Top 10 Prospects when it was released in November and the 23-year-old, 2011 1st...

Steven Souza, Jr. 1 For 4 In Loss In AFL Finale

15

Steven Souza, Jr., Adrian Nieto and Brian Goodwin were the only Nationals' prospects in action this afternoon in the Arizona Fall League's Championship Game. The Mesa Solar Sox, dropped a 2-0...

Solis And Purke Impress In Arizona Fall League

+

Now-former Washington Nationals' manager Davey Johnson told reporters last December that Sammy Solis and Matt Purke were two pitchers to watch in 2013. Solis and Purke just put together strong...

Purke No Longer On BA Top 10; Going Strong In AFL

5

Washington Nationals' prospect Matt Purke fell out of Baseball America's Top 10 when the most-recent list was released. Can the 23-year-old former 1st Round pick work his way back up the...

Solis: 4.1 IP, 5H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 Ks, 74P/48S

7

Nats' prospect Sammy Solis landed 6th overall on Baseball America's latest list of the Nats' Top 10 prospects, as the second-highest ranked left-hander in the organization after returning from...

AFL GameThread: Solar Sox vs Rafters On MLBNetwork

15

Matt Skole and Adrian Nieto are in the lineup for the Arizona Fall League's Mesa Solar Sox tonight as the Washington Nationals' prospects take on the Salt River Rafters in AFL action which is being...

Goodwin 1 for 5 In AFL Fall Stars; Meyer Impresses

16

Washington Nationals' prospect Brian Goodwin was 1 for 5 tonight in the AFL Fall Stars Game, but it was a former Nats' prospect who really impressed. Alex Meyer earned the win in Arizona with three...

Hedges & Sampson on the roster for Fall Stars Game

56

I went into the offseason with the goal of following our prospects in the Arizona Fall League really closely and giving you guys constant updates. I'm sorry to say I've failed horribly. But I'm...

AFL Check-Up: funky reliever Carson Smith

7

Fast climbing right-hander Carson Smith has some unique qualities that set him apart from the majority of relief prospects around baseball. And that's a good thing.

MLB.com's Mayo & Callis On Nats' Goodwin And Purke

15

MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo and Jim Callis took a look at Brian Goodwin and Matt Purke in a recent video segment on the prospects participating in the Arizona Fall League. Goodwin was 1 for 3 in AFL...