Tag: mlb draft 2014

Change Scope

Filter By

MLB Draft: Day one recap and preview of second day

49

With three picks in the first two rounds, the Blue Jays were able to snap up some elite talent on the first day of the 2014 edition of the MLB first-year player draft. Is it too early to call it a...

Blue Jays Draft RHP Jeff Hoffman 9th Overall

35

With the 9th overall pick of the 2014 draft, the Blue Jays selected RHP Jeff Hoffman out of ECU.

MLB Draft 2014: Contrarian Mock Draft

18

Do you think mock drafts are boring? Perhaps this one will be your kind of mock, because "industry consensus" is completely ignored in this one, and some reasons for a team drafting a certain...

MLB Draft Preview: Let's Talk Draft Stuff

129

The 2014 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft will be held thursday, starting at 7 PM eastern time. With the event coming up so quickly, it's time to talk some draft, discussing the...

MLB 2014 Draft Preview: SS Trea Turner

32

In the past few days, a couple new mock drafts have come out with a new 'sexy' pick emerging for the Blue Jays. North Carolina State shortstop Trea Turner has been mocked to Toronto at #9 in both...

MLB 2014 Draft Preview: RHP Touki Toussaint

37

Well hello there Bluebird Banter readers, it's new writer 'Scott C.' here with another draft preview. You may think the role I fill and the bad jokes I tell are similar to a former writer around...

MLB Draft Preview: High School Pitchers

16

The Blue Jays love their high school pitchers. So much so, that it's only logical to preview the draft by looking at the top rated high school pitchers in the country.

Keith Law Releases Second Mock Draft

35

Keith Law released his second mock draft this morning in anticipation of the first-year player draft beginning on June 5th. He has California high schooler LHP Brady Aiken going first to the...

Injury risks: Jeff Hoffman and Touki Toussaint

16

With the 2014 MLB first-year player draft coming up fast, we take a look at the pitching mechanics of some pitchers that might be injury risks based on their deliveries.

Two more mock drafts posted

33

MLB.com and Baseball America have each posted a mock draft. Since the Blue Jays have 2 pick in the first round, it is kind of interesting to look at them. MLB.com has the Jays picking Touki...