Top FanPosts

FanPost
22

Lind's Platoon Partner in AAA?

It appears the Jays plan to use Rajai Davis as Lind's primary platoon partner (if he is platooned hahahehe) and if that fails possibly DeRosa or Bonifacio. I was thinking they might be better...

FanPost
22

Who Should Really Play Second Base for the Jays?

With spring training just around the corner, there is a battle brewing for the Jays' second base job between Emilio Bonifacio and Macier Izturis. Let's try to sort this thing out by taking a look...

FanPost
6

Defensive Aging Curves

I've been doing a lot of thinking and data crunching on defensive metrics recently (for reasons that will be clear in a week or two), which eventually lead to thinking about how players age...

FanPost
9

Bonifacio, Izturis, and skills in isolation

The Blue Jays’ first acquisition of this offseason was signing Maicer Izturis to a 3 year contract for about $10M, presumably to replace now-Ray Kelly Johnson at second base. You might have heard...

FanPost
14

Creating a Playoff Team from the Bargain Bin

With the vast majority of MLB free agents having found new homes, there is the temptation to dream about what life would be like if your team had somehow acquired all of the best free agents, costs...

FanPost
33

Teams you would and would not play for

In the dead news times we find ourselves in, I propose a question to you all for discussion. Scenario: You are a sought after free agent. You are not too expensive so any team has the flexibility...

FanPost
8

Stolen bases and team-based WAR generation

Speed kills, or so it’s said. And given the prospects of this particular Blue Jays team, I was interested to see what kind of impact stolen bases might have on the outcome of a team’s season. With...

FanPost
8

Kevin Greggnam Style: Concerns about BBs in 2013

Few things drive me more insane than watching a tight game get turned over to a bullpen that issues walks by the dozen (I'm looking at you Kevin Gregg). So because I've needed something to...

FanPost
48

Options, options, options (and outrights)

One thing I always find aggravating is remembering the option status of all Blue Jays players, especially when thinking about roster construction. On top of that, there's really no one single place...

FanPost
53

Potential Platoon Partners for Adam Lind: Pick Your Poison

Although the Jays' roster pretty much set for the 2013 season, there remains the need for a right-handed bat to partner with Adam Lind to prevent him from flailing helplessly against left-handed...

Ticketmaster-mlb_2012_300x250.vf418707