Matt Stairs Interviewed Tonight on Country Fastball

Jays Outfielder and First Basemen will be interviewed on Country Fastball, a great radio program based out of the Bay Area and Las Vegas. Country Fastball combines baseball and country music and often features interviews with baseball players or country singers. Sports Illustrated covered the program here and had lots of nice things to say.

This weeks program will air live tonight from 6 pm to 8 pm, Pacific Standard Time. It can be heard live Right Here . The program can also be listened to at any time afterward Here. Just search for "fastball." Here is the writeup for this week's show:

This week, Country Fastball checks in with the Outfielder/1st Baseman from the Toronto Blue Jays Matt Stairs. Matt will talk about his newly acquired taste for Country Music and who some of his favorite artists are today. Matt will also divulge his off season plans and reveal where he likes to spend most of his time when he's away from the diamond.

Plus Music from Alan Jackson, Dierks Bentley , and some early Christmas songs from Sugarland, Brad Paisley and Kellie Pickler on the next Country Fastball!

I'm not going to pretend I've heard of any of those folks except for Alan Jackson (and him only because of his September 11 song) as my taste in country music (Whiskeytown, Old Crow Medicine Show, Kathleen Edwards, Gram Parsons, Uncle Tupelo et. al.) does not seem to overlap with the show's but I will definitely be checking out the program as Matty is an interesting and engaging personality.

Learn more about the show Here and Here. And please e-mail eamonn@countryfastball.com with any questions! Have a great Sunday everybody!