Roy Halladay 5 10 1 56
Jon Lester - 1 5 8
Francisco Rodriguez - 1 2 5
Mike Mussina - 1 2 5
Daisuke Matsuzaka - - 4 4
Ervin Santana - - 2 2
Justin Duchscherer - - 1 1
Joe Nathan - - 1 1

Ok this one I have a real problem with. If you take a look there are 18 total votes for Lee, but 16 total votes for Doc. Now that means 2 people didn't vote for Doc as one of the best 3 pitchers in the AL this season. Now the idea of these awards is that....well that we are smarter than the Baseball Writers of America that hand out the real awards.

Now no one, with half a brain, could think that Halladay wasn't one of the 3 best this year. So there are 2 possibilities: 1) the 2 that didn't vote for Doc are stupid or 2) they were strategic votes by Lee fans afraid that Doc would win so they left him off their list. I think the second one is more likely.

Either way it really invalidates our awards. The only reason to have these awards is that we feel we can do a better job than the baseball writers. But if we are playing games with the vote we aren't any better than the baseball writers. Makes this a wasted exercise.

Anyway the strategic votes didn't matter, Lee would have won anyway.

The NL vote I have no real opinion on....glad that CC didn't win....getting the Cy Young for 2 months work would be wrong. They got the right man.