Let's Try This Again.....

New, 5 comments

Apparently now Rafael Furcal is signing back with the Dodgers for 3 years and $30 million, with a $12 million vesting option for a 4th year if he makes 600 plate appearances the third year. He has a physical to pass before it become official. Of course, since earlier in the week he was signing with the Braves I guess we should wait till we see him in a Dodger jersey before believing it. The Braves are none too pleased figuring they had an agreement with him.

And in the making me feel old section of the news, Dave Smith, former closer for the Astros died today of a heart attack. Smith was a reliever for the Astros from 1980 to 1990 then played two seasons for the Cubs. He had 216 saves in his career and was a favorite of mine at one time. He was only 53.