Ernie Whitt to Manage Team Canada

New, 3 comments

The best Manager never to manage the Blue Jays has been named to manage the Canadian Team at the 2009 World Baseball Classic. Justin Morneau was the first player named to the team. Others to play for Canada include Russell Marin, Mark Teahen, Stubby Clapp, Pete Orr, Chris Barnwell, Joey Votto, Jason Bay, Matt Stairs, Adam Stern and Jeff Francis.

As you likely remember Whitt had some bad feelings about being fired by the Jays this summer. And yes talking about this means there is no interesting news in the Blue Jay world. I guess I could burn 4 or 5 hundred words calling Richard Griffin an idiot for this stupid column but don't have the energy for a good rant. And Santa might move me to the bad list.