April 2, 2008: Game 2 - Blue Jays at Yankees

New, comments

Last night's loss was a tough one to take, between Aaron Hill's muffed grounder, Vernon Wells' poor showing on both sides of the ball, and Melky Cabrera's just over the wall HR. On the plus side, Marco Scutaro was a bit of an offensive sparkplug, Alex Rios walked twice, several Jays looked good at the plate, and Overbay is definitely back to his gold-glovin' ways.

The Jays look to get revenge on the Yankees behind A.J. Burnett tonight, while the Yankees will counter with Mike Mussina. Mussina had a lousy season last year so the Yankees will surely be keeping an eye on him.

I'm flying back to DC this afternoon/evening so I'm not sure that I'll have time to get the lineups in before game time, but I will be watching the game today as I should get back home around 7:30 or so.

Let's go Jays!

EDIT BY MATT AT 6:40 PM: I'm just about to head to the field. Here are the lineups.

BLUE JAYS
Eckstein SS
Stewart LF
Rios RF
Wells CF
Thomas DH
Overbay 1B
Hill 2B
Scutaro 3B
Barajas C
Burnett RHP

YANKEES
Damon LF
Jeter SS
Abreu RF
Rodriguez 3B
Giambi 1B
Cano 2B
Matsui DH
Molina C
Cabrera CF
Mussina RHP

Posada has been scratched with a stiff right shoulder. He tweaked it making a throw yesterday and with the cold weather today he had trouble getting loose.

Joe Girardi said the injury was minor and that Posada was day-to-day.