Your Embrace and My Collapse: Game 28, Toronto at Boston

New, comments

Wednesday, April 30- Boston, Massachusetts
7:05 PM (EDT)

Toronto Blue Jays
rf Alexis Rios
ss David Eckstein
3b Scott Rolen
dh Matt Stairs
cf Vernon Wells
1b Lyle Overbay
2b Aaron Hill
lf Adam Lind
c Gregg Zaun
Pitching: Dustin McGowan, rhp

Boston Red Sox

2b Dustin Pedroia
1b Kevin Youkilis
dh David Ortiz
lf Manny Ramirez
3b Mike Lowell
rf Brandon Moss
c Jason Varitek
cf Coco Crisp
ss Julio Lugo

Pitching: Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP

I'm off for a run, as the weather is beautiful and the Jays are ugly right now, but I'll be back and watch the game. Dustin McGowan looks to bounce back from a lousy start last time out, and Daisuke Matsuzaka looks to shake off the flu (supposedly Shaun Marcum is the Jays' latest victim, btw) and keep his excellent and undefeated season going. We haven't been able to hit anybody, so maybe we can tee off against one of the league's best pitchers? Why not?

By the way, John Brattain, who called Gibbons out last year for not making enough use of small ball, is now defending him . He's got an in-depth look at how the Jays have faired in "gimme" situations (runner on third, less than 2 outs), and it's not pretty at all. Brattain was as persuasive last season as I've ever seen anyone arguing for the sac bunt and hit-and-run to be used more, and always has an interesting point of view. If you care to chat on this issue, Bebo's got a great take over in the diaries/fanposts, so let's chat about it there!

On another note, if you haven't watched the last episode of Costas Now, don't, unless you want to see true stupidity in action.