Home is Where I Want to Be, Pick Me Up and Turn Me Round: Game 4, April 4, 2008 - Boston at Toronto

New, comments

Today's title courtesy of one of my favourite all-time bands, the Talking Heads, and their tune "Naive Melody." After a tough 1-2 series loss to the Yankees, the Jays' schedule ain't getting any easier, but at least the confines are friendlier. Toronto heads home to play their home opener against the Boston Red Sox who have gotten off to a 3-1 start despite some jet lag from their Japan trip.

Tim Wakefield, who has given the Jays a ton of trouble over the past few years, pitches for Boston while Shaun Marcum makes his first 2008 for the Jays. No word yet on whether Marcum has acquired a monkey now that the team is up in T.O.

Boston Red Sox

2B Dustin Pedroia
1B Kevin Youkilis
DH David Ortiz
LF Manny Ramirez
3B Mike Lowell
RF J.D. Drew
SS Julio Lugo
CF Jacoby Ellsbury
C Kevin Cash

P Tim Wakefield
Toronto Blue Jays

SS David Eckstein
LF Matt Stairs
RF Alexis Rios
CF Vernon Wells
DH Frank Thomas
1B Lyle Overbay
2B Aaron Hill
3B Marco Scutaro
C Greg Zaun

P Shaun Marcum

There's some more big news today, but you'll find it on the post above.