clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Troubled Times Had Come to My Hometown - Game 63, Orioles at Jays

Lineup

Baltimore Orioles @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/06/08 7:07 PM EDT

Baltimore Orioles Toronto Blue Jays
Brian Roberts - 2B Shannon Stewart - DH
Nick Markakis - RF Marco Scutaro - 2B
Melvin Mora - 3B Alex Rios - CF
Aubrey Huff - DH Scott Rolen - 3B
Kevin Millar - 1B Kevin Mench - LF
Luke Scott - LF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Adam Jones - CF Rod Barajas - C
Ramon Hernandez - C Brad Wilkerson - RF
Freddie Bynum - SS David Eckstein - SS

It's another evening of inter-avian warfare as the Orioles come to T.O. to take on the Jays. The Jays are reeling a bit after a tough series with the Yankees in which they were just a few outs away from winning the series despite a poor start from Dustin McGowan, who is starting to worry me. Even though I took a bet at the beginning of the season (for which I was ridiculed quite a bit, and which I still might lose) that Marcum would conclude the season with a lower ERA than McGowan, I didn't expect McGowan to be bad.

Anyway, B.J. Ryan came in to blow his second-straight save, and it was an ugly one. He gave up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th and the Jays had dropped the series. It was a tough roadtrip, so the Jays are hoping that a trip back to the Rogers Centre will put them back on the right track. It was always going to be a hard roadtrip, and 4-5 isn't the worst one could expect. We all know B.J. was not looking lights out every night just because he was 12-12 in save opportunities, so blowing one at some point was going to happen.

The Jays are still reeling from some injuries, however. Aaron Hill has still not been able to play so the Jays are playing a man down. Rod Barajas is banged up and looked absolutely awful on Thursday (I'm told, by my brother, who was at the game), so a day off would seem to be in order. Gregg Zaun, Vernon Wells, John MacDonald, and Jeremy Accardo are on the mend, though. And Brian Wolfe has returned to find there is no room at the inn. With no one on the big-league club to be sent down, Wolfe, who made the team out of spring training, was optioned to Syracuse.

Check out the draft report below, happy friday everyone, and let's go Jays!!!